Post a new topic
    2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 24, 2009 9:59 AM by franklinb

Build a home business in affiliate marketing

franklinb Adventurer
      Now is the time many people are flocking to the internet to begin their own business in affiliate marketing, but many do not have a clue where to start.

I have many great resources listed at my site which I have had running online continuously since March of 1997. I actually really started publishing in earnest in 1998, offering Amazon books on the site along with some free ways to get traffic to a new business site. Over the years my business has expanded beyond the theme of being a new business center, but most of my core pages are still there and I update them frequently.

www.bblmedia.com
      Affiliate Marketing Resources

When you decide to begin in affiliate marketing, my site is one place to get information, but it is by no means the only one. You have to do some research and visit a lot of resource sites, blogs and media. You really do not have to buy traffic either if your budget is tight. Social media and blogs to RSS offer many free backlink and traffic opportunities for you. Just one thing; There are no quick riches in this business. You will have to work long hours to get it going. Writing articles, making recommendations and producing content on websites and blogs will consume many long hours. Be sure you have your family's support.

• Re: Build a home business in affiliate marketing
          LUCKIEST Guide
          Build a home business in affiliate marketing

No matter how good the business system is, the business
          must be one that "fits" you. It must be a business that builds on YOUR strengths
          and
          talents.
          Achieving your dream: It
          is good to understand your options and determine what is best for you.

The three basic options are:
          1. Start a business from scratch
          2. Buy an existing business
          3. Purchase a franchise

I have just joined a group of Franchise Consultants. The
          company specializes in helping people learn about many of the possible
          investment choices that exist in today's market.

The services are free to you the prospective buyer. For more
          info, email me at " pdeig@juno.com " and please include your phone number.

Thanks, LUCKIEST

<!--Session data-->
            • Re: Build a home business in affiliate marketing
              franklinb Adventurer
              That's right. Find your niche of interest and run with it. There is literally nothing that is not included.

So let's say you decide that you want to sell and market gardening tools. First you want to establish a presence in the form of a website all about gardening tools. It doesn't have to be a 10,000 page site. All you need it 10 pages of organized content and a clearly stated objective. You then open a new blog all about Gardening Tools Reviewed. Then you review each tool separately on the blog.

The tools can come from a good affiliate network with a good merchant offering a wide range of tools that are exactly like the ones you use in your garden every day. Review each tool in the inventory one at a time, along with product listings from the merchant (with you affiliate urls) that are offered on your website by category.

Now you have a website and a blog, so it is time to write informative articles about gardening that you feature on your website, and on 5 good article marketing sites like ezinearticles.com (there are hundreds of good ones), and within those articles are links to your blog and website where the good tools are located. Apply the tools to the trade.

Integrate the new website and the blog with social media. Be sure to place a button on every page that allows visitors to recommend your Gardening Tools site or blog to their communities on all the social media sites. A good one to use in the beginning is Addthis.com. Free service of course.

So far, this new business I am describing costs very little. Assuming you have used a hosting site like say Godaddy.com, you have spent around $75 (one year of hosting and domain registration). The rest is all you sitting and typing about your area of passion and expertise.

Take a lot of pictures and include videos on the site and blog. Make them small but real. You in the garden, you using the tools, you with the wife or husband, whatever. Make it personal and real, and visitors will respond to you in a positive way.

Now start learning how to create sitemaps and join Google's webmaster tools area and get the sitemaps made and submitted. Then more of your urls will be included in the index for search.

That is how you can start - Now the real interenet marketing begins