Post a new topic
    2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 22, 2009 2:52 PM by Aries1

Stocking for e-commerce

Aries1 Newbie
      I am designer and looking to launch my e-commerce site in a few months. I am interested of course in selling to anyone who will buy, but my husband is not encouraging this, saying I should only sell to retailers because if I decide to sell to consumers also, it would mean having to carry stock. In the past, all my collection has been unique because it is all handpainted by myself, but i have found a company to digitally reproduce my painted silk so I can sell in volume, and still maintain some uniqueness.

How can I overcome this? I would hate to turn a potential customer away because "I only sell to retailers". I need some advice
        • Re: Stocking for e-commerce
          LUCKIEST Guide
          Stocking for e-commerce, Welcome

Who are you?? Where are you?? Go to Members page and share some info.

It sounds like you need a Business Plan.

Do you know about SCORE?? SCORE is FREE and can help you succeed.

Good luck, LUCKIEST
          <!--Session data-->
            • Re: Stocking for e-commerce
              Aries1 Newbie
              Thanks Luckiest! I see you are a SCORE Counselor. I was actually hoping you would read my post because I liked some of the answers you gave in previous posts by other members. I know about SCORE. I have been talking to a Counselor about other issues, but when I stumbled upon this Forum yesterday, I decided to pour my heart out. I am yet to talk to my counselor about this particular issue. I am Aku-Sika Barrett. I live in different countries alot due to my husband's job. I am now in Lima, Peru, even though our home is in Portugal. My dream has been to have my own design/production studio in either Atlanta or Ghana (I am ghanaian by birth), but doing that would mean being away from my husband for long periods, so while we are based here for now, I decided to find a factory here in Lima instead to produce my stuff. They are willing to produce small quantities for me with a higher wholesale price, and since I create my own fabric also, I can always order the facbric on demand, but the problem is also with volume....the more meters I order printed, the cheaper the price, so I need to know what would be a reasonable quantity of garments to have in stock so I can re-do my business plan, and yes Luckiest, I do have a business plan, but it looks like it is always evolving. Always work in progress, because it was made originally with the intent to build a factory in Ghana, so now i need to change the whole thing, since the factory is not going to happen now.

My site is being updated, but it is If you google my name, some other information will come up.

Thank you.