Post a new topic
    5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 20, 2009 6:36 PM by MoveForward

Daycare Center

macrin28 Newbie
      I would like to start a daycare center but having bad credit and no assets or downpayment I am not sure that I will be approved for a loan. I do have the drive and perserverance to run a daycare. I also have worked at a daycare center and have been a nanny for many years. Advise please.
        • Re: Daycare Center
          LUCKIEST Guide
          Daycare Center, Welcome

I have all kinds of advise to help. Go to Members page and share some info and then I will share
          all kinds of advise.

Thanks
          <!--Session data-->
            MoveForward Scout
            I suggest re-thinking the normal concept on this. You are thinking about needing funds for renting or purchasing a location, insurance on the building, electricity, water, etc. BUT what if you networked with a location that can benefit from your daycare for their employees or customers. Your daycare is within their place of business, this would not only omit the major over-head cost it would be a win/win.

Some location ideas: That the company could market your daycare for employee insentive....
            • Within a manufacturing company (for employees Kids)
            • Within a school system (for Teachers Kids)

Also...
            • Major Grocery Stores (shop while child plays)
            • Mall (shop with child plays, also open to Mall employees)

Additional funding for supplies, furniture, decor, etc. would come from the deposit from parents who sign-up.

Remember, so states and cities require certification or special use permits for DayCares, check your area.

Good Luck
              pdelaney94 Wayfarer
              Hi Marcrin28,

Have you thought of running your daycare out of your home?