Post a new topic
    6 Replies Latest reply on Dec 2, 2007 5:00 AM by CorpCons08

How black was your Friday?

MetroGal Adventurer
      Just checking in with everyone - how was the retail environment on Friday? I know I tried to do my part as a consumer! : )
        • Re: How black was your Friday?
          Lighthouse24 Ranger
          Among my retail clients, there have generally been more people in the stores and more transactions than projected so far today (in spite of some lousy weather). As a consultant, I only have access to real time sales data on the few projects/promotions that I was actively involved with, and all that is confidential. If those are an indication of the overall picture, however, I'd say it was a good day for retail (and that you must have had plenty of company out there MetroGal!).
            DomainDiva Ranger
            I wish I would have had the DomainDiva Mall Live Reporting Cam. This for the DFW area.

Irving Mall was dead...a ton of spots on the north side and not a lot of people carrying scads of bags...mostly teenagers wiht no money hanging out.

NorthEast Mall..GAHHHH! everyone and their generational progengy showed up to help make Mel Simon a happy camper !!!! The money was flowing and the shoppers had bags! Totally packed!!!! Lots of pretty things.

Saturday: Grapevine Mills Mall. Found a spot sorta close. People everywhere...they seemed to be sightseeing. Wilsons Leather had some sorta cool bags and things on sale. Lots of junk....

I am finished shopping. I even managed a little something for the Diva as well. ;) at Northeast Mall....
            1 of 1 people found this helpful
              Lighthouse24 Ranger

(Follow-up) For my retail clients, Friday was pretty good; Saturday was not.
              1 of 1 people found this helpful
                Ed O'Gee Adventurer
                Down here in Columbia shopping was brisk, I have one former client (an electronics retailer) who had a great Friday and Saturday. Seems like everyone wants electronics this year which is great because they are high ticket items. Not sure if you all heard the retail numbers but they were better for black Friday than expected. Sales were thought to potentially be flat to declining, when the actual numbers grew over 4% over last years Black Friday.
                  LUCKIEST Guide
                  Ten Ways to Fatten Your Wallet on or after Black Friday
                  1. Shop online
                  2. Prepare your holiday budget and gift list
                  3. Set up a gift that keeps on giving
                  4. Winterize your home
                  5. Shop for the best credit card
                  6. Clean out your closet, basement or garage
                  7. Assemble your financial emergency kit
                  8. Make smart year-end money moves
                  9. Protect your PC
                  10. Relax!
                  Happy holidays LUCKIEST
                    CorpCons08 Ranger
                    I know that the business owners here did very well this last Black Friday.
                    In fact, most were offering additional sales throughout the weekend because of it.
                    I can honestly say, I too fell victim to the sales lol.