Post a new topic
    7 Replies Latest reply on Apr 7, 2010 4:19 AM by wilson518

Textiles Manufacturers

Pendu546 Newbie
      Hi,

I'm an owner of a small clothing company that needs expand it's selection by quite a bit by Spring 2010. I'm currently looking for clothing manufacturers for items like tees, tanks, (cotton) dresses, polos, hoodies, woven button up shirts, jeans, leather sandals, and a few more items. So I was wondering what's the best way to search for foreign manufacturers? I've been searching for a couple days now but I've only found a couple companies that can fill 1 or 2 of my needs.

Thanks,

Phill
        • Re: Textiles Manufacturers
          DeeTee Wayfarer

You may want to try contacting an intermediary company (such as Janco Overseas Ltd). These companies help pair retailers in the US with overseas manufacturers. My previous company dealt exclusively with Janco and they were great. They did everything from sourcing, negotiating unit cost, design, production, and everything in between. They used to even send their people to the various factories we used to check that all US child labor laws and standards were equal! Basically, companies like Janco have major connections and experience with overseas manufacturers and save you alot of time and headaches when sourcing overseas. Of course, I don't know what type of volume you are dealing with, but it might be worth the time to just call and see what they (or other similar companies) can do for you. Good luck!
            LUCKIEST Guide
            Textiles Manufacturer, Welcome

Who are you?? Go to Members page and share some info.

If I was the owner of a clothing store that needed to expand, I would go to SCORE online.
            SCORE is FREE and you can find SCORE Counselors who have foreign manufacturing experience and can help you.

Good luck, LUCKIEST
            <!--Session data-->
            <!--Session data-->
              Adventurer
              I own a sourcing consultancy that has been helping start-up and small businesses locate reliable factories in China for over two years. I have experience in all aspects of the manufacuring process, from finding the right size factory to price negociation to import procedures. In addition, I have experience with arranging confidrntiality agreements to ensure brand protection. If any of this sounds interesting to you, do not hesitate to contact me at the web address below. I would be happy to chat with you.

Web Address: alcglobalpartners.com
                Melbear2009 Wayfarer
                Sounds like you would like to get quotes from many different manufacturers before deciding. I would use www.contractauction.com to post your job. That way, you can get many textile or clothing manufacturers to bid on your job, and you can have your choice of manufacturer/quote. It is also free to use, so it is a very useful resource.

Good luck in your search.
                    kent09 Newbie
                    They did everything from sourcing, negotiating unit cost, design, production, and everything in between. They used to even send their people to the various factories we used to check that all US child labor laws and standards were equal! Basically, companies like Janco have major.

<!--Session data-->
                    wilson518 Adventurer
                    I am a sourcing agent and live in Shunde,Foshan city,Guangdong,China.My locaiton is close to Guangzhou,Dongguan.They are famous for clothing industry.If you need any help.welcme to contact you at any time..

Wilson

wilsonlan518@yahoo.com.cn