Post a new topic
    2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 9, 2009 7:29 PM by GhostRider103

Business Partners

AMP0423 Newbie
      Earlier this year, I started a business with 3 other people. One partner of mine had just informed me that he has his own LLC doing the same thing our business does. He plans to have his children work for this company. Is this Legal? I feel like he would be taking business away from our company. Is there anything I can do to stop this? Can I add something to the Operating agreement?
        • Re: Business Partners
          GhostRider103 Wayfarer
          Unfortunately, I do not believe so.

This would be the same situation as if you were starting another car dealer ship for example. You would be somewhat taking business away from other car company's. But this is perfectly legal. You are allowed to start up another business that does the same as another business.

Depending on where this man lives, it usually is legal to have family members work for you. Some states (or other countries) do have laws as to when one can work by age. However this is something I cannot answer for you. But I didn't think this was your main question. But if you wanted to make sure that he is doing it legally by having him have his children work for him, it is something you will need to look into depending on where the man lives.

Hopefully this information has helped you some. I'm sure someone else around here can answer your main question a little more specifically.

Good luck with your business.
          • Re: Business Partners
            GhostRider103 Wayfarer
            Unfortunately, I do not believe so.

This would be the same situation as if you were starting another car dealer ship for example. You would be somewhat taking business away from other car company's. But this is perfectly legal. You are allowed to start up another business that does the same as another business.

Depending on where this man lives, it usually is legal to have family members work for you. Some states (or other countries) do have laws as to when one can work by age. However this is something I cannot answer for you. But I didn't think this was your main question. But if you wanted to make sure that he is doing it legally by having him have his children work for him, it is something you will need to look into depending on where the man lives.

Hopefully this information has helped you some. I'm sure someone else around here can answer your main question a little more specifically.

Good luck with your business.