Post a new topic
    3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 4, 2009 9:40 AM by sellingitall

Inventory Source vs Cnet Channel Online vs FlashEcom

EComm_Wannabe Newbie
      I have read some more than negative reviews for FlashEcom though their website itself offers some pretty promising features. I can't find much on Inventory Source and nothing on Cnet's Channel Online

Who we are:

We are a small brick and mortar IT repair service for residential - medium businesses

Future:
      We want to start an ecommerce site selling IT products via drop shipping from popular distributors like D&H, Tech Data, etc. We don't have an ecommerce solution so the provider will likely host the site too.

Automation is key... minimum input, self driven website. I.E. products and prices are actively remove/added to the site based on distributors catalogs.

If I can have you honest comments on CNet's Channel Online, Inventory Source, and FlashEcom. Include if possible time to setup and price.

I thank you for your time!

-CD
        • Re: Inventory Source vs Cnet Channel Online vs FlashEcom
          guru1234 Newbie
          i have not heard about flashcom but yes cnet for sure.
          i am a guy with limited amout of money so never approached cnet considering they are BIG with BIG services that i never wanted when i wanted to start, but inventorysource.com is for sure that i wud ay is good to work with.

I have a very small account with htem and downloading pre formatted feeds for d&h from them.. i wud say they are great!! i mean where do you get everything all set in a file that i ue to just upload in the morning at 25bucks?

they have some pretty amazing package for someone who wants customied kinda stuff.. check them out I SAY YES :)
          • Re: Inventory Source vs Cnet Channel Online vs FlashEcom
            sellingitall Wayfarer
            If you want to sell drop ship products online with real IT support and custom controls....then you just need Inventory Source. They have been around as a trusted source since early 2000. FlashEcom is WAY too expensive, unresponsive on support, and just has limited controls for your data loading...especially for the price. Cnet is great but they are more of a content service. If you have a list fo skus you can get great images and descriptions and you can also get the data matched for formats for ebay, amazon, and lots of other sales channeles...however, they dont have any ability to actually update your data. This means you dont have a way to capture new products or get ANY price or quantity updates. It also does not offer any automation services. Inventory Source is and has always been the clear winner here.

Future:
            We want to start an ecommerce site selling IT products via drop
            shipping from popular distributors like D&H, Tech Data, etc. We
            don't have an ecommerce solution so the provider will likely host the
            site too.
            ---Inventory Source works on a variety of sites: http://www.inventorysource.com/index.php/Current-Sellers/Integrated-Websites.html
            If you dont want to host your own platform you can also use their hosted site service where you get a free website and shopping cart platform.

Automation is key... minimum input, self driven website. I.E. products
            and prices are actively remove/added to the site based on distributors
            catalogs.
            ---This is the core of what inventory source does. You can also see some of the automation tools they offer with this service here:
            http://www.dropship-community.com/content/view/352/42/

Include if possible time to setup and price.
            ---Setup is same day or before 8am the next business day depending on when you create your account. If you wanted the automation service for DH, and a free shopping cart platform based on a PRO level cart and hosting account it would be $49.95/month total. Once you have the site you can go through the setup steps and be off and running the same day. You can also have them setup or design the site if needed.

In short...the service you described is exactly what inventory source does. D&H actually recommends (and they did for me as well when I got started with DH) Inventory Source and has for years because of the services and support they offer and the value given for their cost.