Post a new topic
    5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 11, 2009 9:03 AM by johnvarenda

Home Based Data Entry Job

Manoj Kumar Newbie
      Hi All,

This is my first question to this forum. I am intertested in researching if there is a need to have a home based data entry work. Any work done/ thoughts or any ideas would be very helpful for me. Also, if possible, I am in need to know if there is a sufficient demand as well as resource supply to meet this.

Regards,
      -Manoj
        • Re: Home Based Data Entry Job
          LUCKIEST Guide
          There is definately a need to have home based data entry work.
          Work at home data entry workers are ever expanding in the nation’s
          labor force.
          Data entry workers are a significant
          portion of that group.
          Many employers are experiencing the need to
          subcontract out work to self-employed workers
          Job prospects for work at home data entry
          workers should be excellent in the years to come.
          Good luck, LUCKIEST
          1 of 1 people found this helpful
            DomainDiva Ranger
            There are needs but be sure to find work in an area/business that you know. For instance, I would not hire a person for remote data entry that did not have extensive aircraft records experience.
            1 of 1 people found this helpful
                Manoj Kumar Newbie

Thanks for valuable inputs. May be this would be too much of expectation from you but wanted to know if you can guide me to

1. How to go about generating leads for this kind of work?
                2. I have done my first hand research but in most of the cases, websites ask you to register by paying. How should I know that I am at right place and not getting into any fraud.

Any advise related to above question is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
                -Manoj
                    Lighthouse24 Ranger
                    I noticed these questions were still hanging here, so maybe I can respond:

1. Local temp agencies would be the first place to check. Most legitimate employers with data entry projects will contact them. For the reason Diva mentioned, be sure to list any specialized skills or industry experience you have when you file an application or resume.

2. You should not pay fees like this. Anyone who asks for fees up front is making money from the people looking for work (so they don't really care whether or not you find any). Temp agencies, on the other hand, get paid by the employer after they match a client to a project or job. Essentially, they don't get paid until you do, so they want to find as much work as they can for you.

Hope this helps. Good luck.
                  LUCKIEST Guide
                  Have you visited your local SCORE office. They help people in business FREE.
                  They also know the area where you have your business and could be a great source of leads.
                  Has our answers helped?? Again LUCKIEST