Post a new topic
    3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 6, 2009 11:27 AM by DomainDiva

Another new Scam.

mamsplace Newbie
      I just finished recording the Board of Directors minutes and low-and-behold; an important notice arrived from the DOBM about filing meeting minutes. Huh? Sure enough, it is a disclosure statement from the Department of Annual Business Minutes to pay a filing fee of $125.00 to transfer records. Weeding though all the codes, I get to the bottom and read, "This product or service has not been approved or endorsed by any government agency and this offer is not being made by an agency of the government". Although this looks like a legitimate form, there are so many clues that trigger the senses; you know it is a scam.

Beware; your name and those of your directors can end up on fraudulent papers.
        • Re: Another new Scam.
          DomainDiva Ranger
          Is your company registered in Delaware? If so I may have the answer.
              mamsplace Newbie
              I am registered in California. The Secretary of State office is aware of solicitation letters being sent to California businesses to submit fees and documents to a third party rather than by filing directly with the Secretary of State. Although a business entity is required to keep records, books and minutes of proceedings, these items are not filed with the Secretary of State.

A consumer alert has been posted by the Office of the Attorney General in a news release July 31, 2009.
                  DomainDiva Ranger
                  OK now I understand. We are registered in Delaware. I started receiving these notices that we were tens of thousands of dollars in arrears on taxes. Turns out our registered agent in Delaware was sending these notices out along with other notices and solicitations for other services as well. After one phone call these things ceased. I was super angry and informed them that they were being paid to do X not run my company.

Good for you for reporting this. So many people just ignore wrong doing.