Post a new topic
    4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 11, 2009 9:46 AM by Accountants4U

    Establishing a LLC for medical services

    shivan150 Newbie
      I am a physician that wants to establish an LLC in Nevada for my consulting and independent contract work, but I am located in Ohio and my medical license is only for the state of Ohio . Can I form an LLC in Nevada if I am licensed to practice and will be performing my professional service in another state? I do know that a physician is not required to form a professional LLC in the state of Nevada. Thanks for any information.
        • Re: Establishing a LLC for medical services
          bm911tax Adventurer

          I hope you have a tax advisor/accountant!! Getting back to your question. Yes you can form LLC in different state but you will also need to register your LLC in the state where your medical practice will operating. I don't recommend doing this though as in many case it will likely create legal & tax issues. You do need to incorporate. Why are you looking to form an LLC in Nevada? Many states do not allow LLC formation for doctors. As MD you need to properly structure your business formation from the beginning. I have quite large # of medical/dental practices under my belt and I can tell you that not many accountants know how to run it properly (most of them just do your taxes but not many do tax planning to reduce those taxes). The point I am trying to make here is if you do this write from the start, you will save on fees, advise, and taxes.


          Best of luck,


          • Re: Establishing a LLC for medical services
            shivan150 Newbie
            Thanks for the advise. I am acitvely looking for a tax advisor and CFA. Its not an easy process. I'm looking for someone who understand solo 401k's and how to establish IRA LLC's as I'm interested in using these to invest in real estate.
            • Re: Establishing a LLC for medical services
              Accountants4U Wayfarer
              I am wondering if you have found out an aswer to your question. Also, my company specializes in doing Accounting and Bookkeeping for many clients outside of the State of New York. It works extremely well and we have excellent references. You can look at your books (QBPRO) on our secured web site and
              exchange data to keep your AR/AP and yearly activities up to date. We do it for a great monthly price
              (all prices differ due to what the client is looking for). We turn the work over at year's end to your accountant to prepare your taxes. This service allows you not to have a part time or full time person in your office and having to pay state and federal taxes as well as various insurances. Just one fee. We also
              do payroll. Please give it some consideration. With today's technology this is an excellent way to do business and save money. I can reached at and my cell is 518-694-2298. You have nothing to lose and you will be invited to speak to our reference if you are interested in this excellent service. Thanks again, and I do hope you give us a try. Larry Edinger