Post a new topic
    2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 31, 2009 11:05 PM by creativeiads

SEO or Pay Per Click Advertising?

BenjaminMarc Newbie

Do you have better results with SEO or Pay Per Click advertising?

For Newbies ...Here's a brief explanation.

Search Engine Optimization (SEO) - This improves the amount of traffic to your website from search engines such as Google, Yahoo, MSN and etc.

Pay Per Click Advertising (PPC) - With Pay Per Click Marketing, you only pay when a user clicks on your ad and views your website.

• Re: SEO or Pay Per Click Advertising?
          drivetraffic Adventurer
          I believe you should have a presence in both. PPC advertising is more immediate. You can drive traffic to you faster, especially if no one knows you're out there. It's worth working on your SEO while getting traffic now through PPC if you can afford it. SEO works over time. You can dominate your local market through SEO pretty fast, but for the broader keywords, it will take much longer.

I have found that both convert well for our brick and mortar business. I use a combination of PPC advertising, SEO for the website, and I take advantage of the local search engines. You do want to focus on improving your website for the generic search as much as possible because the more you appear on the generic side the less you will have to spend on your PPC advertising.

J.P. Marketing, LLC

• Re: SEO or Pay Per Click Advertising?
            creativeiads Wayfarer
            Yes, you need to have both. PPC starts with 100% of your traffic and as your seo starts to pay off, PPC can be reduced and traffic from organic search will go up.

Mike Varavooru,