Post a new topic
    16 Replies Latest reply on Jul 22, 2009 1:13 PM by Iwrite

I need help please!! (on how to market my self)

MsIndependent Wayfarer
      Hi everyone!

I just got my Real Estate Sales persons license. And I am totally new to the Real Estate industry. I know being a real estate agent, its like self employment. And I need to market myself in order to generate leads. Now I need help in how to do that? should build a new website? how do i market myself?? In newspapers? and how to do it.. i don't have any contacts. Please help.

Thanks!
        • Re: I need help please!! (on how to market my self)
          gene02 Newbie
          Hi, There are a few things that all Real Estate Agents need

1. Website: In today real estate market you need to comunicate 24/7 with potential clients
          2. MLS IDX Solution: Constant listing of all the real estate in you area. Even if they are not your listings it put you in a position of split commission.
          3. Marketing in places like REALTOR.COM
          This is just a start I work Real Estate Agent across the country with branding and marketing. Please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have.

Gene
          gene@justwebsitedesign.com
          1 of 1 people found this helpful
            phanio Pioneer
            It is my understanding that you must work under a licensed broker for two years before you can be you can be your own broker. If you join an already established broker - you 1) can learn from them on how to market and 2) they will help you market your services.

Other than that, I would suggest a few things:

Try to think like a buyer or seller. Then, think about where they would go to find information about buying or selling homes. Then, get your business card or flyers in those locations. Try your chamber of commerce, local banks, local shopping centers. You can advertise in local realtor books as well as in the classifieds of your local paper.

You can also go door to door letting current homeowners know that you can and will help them sell their homes or even apartment buildings outlining the benefits of home ownership, how lower rates can help them qualify and the $8,000 free tax credit for first time home buyers.

Business Money Today
            www.BusinessMoneyToday.com
            1 of 1 people found this helpful
              dMayoDesign Newbie
              TRY A GREAT FLIER AND SOME BUSINESS CARDS. AND WHEN PEOPLE ARE READY TO BUY THEY HAVE YOUR INFO
                Iwrite Pioneer
                Since you are doing something a lot of people are doing, how are you different from more established real estate people with a solid reputation and standing in the community?

Why should I work with you and not someone else?

What can I expect that others aren't offering?

Before you do anything as far as marketing is concerned, nail down your message and how you are going to standout in a crowded field. A strong marketing message will attract more attention no matter whether I am reading a flyer, listening to a radio spot, watching a TV spot, reading a post on the web or visiting your website.

Tell a great story, set my expectations as a potential client and make sure everything (website, emails, business cards and advertising) reflects the same level of quality as your message.

This is the step that will help you the most. The other advice you received here is good but without a strong message you are simply another real estate professional.

I hope this helps, I really do.

derek
                  justbusiness Wayfarer
                  DEAR COMMUNICATOR,

IN MY MAJOR SUGGESTION KINDLY GET A PERSON WHO IS FROM MARKETING INDUSTRY ,M WHO CAN DRAW OUT A MARKETING PLAN FOR U.. CAN TELL U IDEADS IN MARKETING AS WELL AS HELP U WITH MARKETING STARTEGIES... IF YOUR MARKETING IS RIGHT YOUR BUSINESS WILL GROW RIGHT. I HAV MARKETING INDIVIDUALS WITH ME ., THE TEAM IS FOM INDIA, BUT THE MADE MY ENTIRE MARKETING PLAN OF MY BUSINESS IN THE UK.

DISTANCE NEVER MATTER BUT THEIR WORKED HELPED ME A LOT. MONEY SPENT WAS LESS NAD WORK WAS QUALITY. GET I TOUCH WITH ME IF YOU NEED TER DETAILS.

REGDS
                  P.