Post a new topic
    4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 20, 2009 6:47 PM by bm911tax

    Moved to IL but still have business in IN

    jlugbill Newbie
      I have an e-commerce sole-propriatorship business ( that is registered in Indiana. Our shipping/receiving office is located there and therefore we collect Indiana sales tax on all applicable purchases.

      However, I recently moved to IL so I no longer have ot pay state personal taxes. I still pay Indiana Unemployment, Sales, and other business taxes. However, I don't know how to let them know I moved and no longer will be making my quarterly income tax payments. Does this information just get updated automatically (I have a house in Indiana as well that we are renting out)?

      Then, in regards to paying my quarterly estimated taxes for IL, how do I go about that? I don't know where to send the check, whther they will even know what it is for, because I hven't registered personally for anything in the state (except licence plates and my rent agreement).

      Can anyone offer me some advise?