Post a new topic
    8 Replies Latest reply on Jul 14, 2008 11:05 AM by rivershoes

Advertising 411

simplyclean Newbie
      Good Morning to all...

I am in the process of starting a home cleaning business in the Concord,California area and although I have been doing my research on advertising, I was hoping that someone can tell me perhaps an inexpensive and effective advertising co. that has brought some success to someone's business?

greatly appreciated,

simplyclean
        • Re: Advertising 411
          LUCKIEST Guide
          Good luck in starting your home cleaning business. As far as advertising goes, go to SCORE on line at
          "www.score.org". It is FREE. Score has 26 FREE on courses including Advertising your Business and
          many others that can help you succeed
          Good luck, LUCKIEST
            slavaret Adventurer

Why don't you just pick an area and go door to door. It's a numbers game. All you need is a flyer that will stand out.

Offer to people you know to clean their houses for free in exchange for using their names as local references.

Good luck!
              slavaret Adventurer
              Oh! - and I like the name.
                  simplyclean Newbie
                  Hello

Thank you- that is brilliant! I am going to have my husband and children drop a flyer in the mail boxes on the weekend. On my days off I'll do the same as well.I love your idea,because I am fairly new to California and I know very few people in my area.

Thanks ,
                  simplyclean
                      slavaret Adventurer
                      I believe it's illegal to put flyers into the mail boxes - at least in Calif. Some nut may just report you. You can just leave flyers in the door knob or under the mat. I would target an upscale neighborhood populated by professionals. One way to tell would be to drive through on a weekend to look at the cars. Newer less established neighborhoods might also work better for you.
                    Ed O'Gee Adventurer
                    Go to local home owners associations and try to get in their newsletters. In exchange for free advertising in the association newsletters, offer to clean the community clubhouse or some other common area for free.
                      rivershoes Newbie
                      Flyers and doorhangers and yellow pages. Yes, it is a FEDERAL offense to put ads in mail boxes. We have to pay postage to have that privilege. Start by getting demographics such as average annual income - ANY good flyer distribution service with have those numbers for you. Also it might be good to get the average age and marital status for your target area(s). And our friend was right when they said it is all a numbers game. You need to saturate your target area(s). You need to do it once a month to keep your name familiar. Keep your flyer as clean and professional as your name. Don't put a goofy cartoon character of a maid on it. You are trying to target busy professionals that don't have the time to play around and want a trustworthy service to come in and provide an excellent luxury service to them. Good luck!