Post a new topic
    4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 15, 2009 12:30 PM by MlmRepMachine

Is A Franchise A Viable Path For Most People?

MlmRepMachine Newbie
      Franchises are proven.
      Franchises have built in systems.
      Franchises have high barriers to entry.

All of the above are true but is this a path that is
      available for the average person seeking to owning their
      own business?

I believe the break-even point for most franchisees is 3-5 years.

It is no secret that we are a debtor country and with most people
      struggling to pay their mortgages these days I'm just wondering
      how feasible is owning a franchise for the average person.

I'd love your input.

Rick
      http://www.MLMRepMachine.com
        • Re: Is A Franchise A Viable Path For Most People?
          LUCKIEST Guide
          No matter how good the business system is, the business must be one that "fits" you. It must be a business that builds on YOUR strengths and talents.

Achieving your dream: It is good to understand your options and determine what is best for you.

The three basic options are:
          1. Start a business from scratch
          2. Buy an existing business
          3. Purchase a franchise

I have just joined a group of Franchise Consultants. The company specializes in helping people learn about many of the possible investment choices that exist in today's market.

The services are free to you the prospective buyer. For more info, email me at " pdeig@juno.com " and please include your phone number.
          Thanks, LUCKIEST
              MlmRepMachine Newbie
              I feel that you can plug anyone into a system regardless of their
              talents, strengths or weaknesses.

McDonald's that's teenagers and plugs them into a system and they
              make millions. That's why it's called a system because all of the
              groundwork has been done for you and all you have to do is plug in.

There is a fourth option.

Become a distributor for a network marketing company or direct sales company.

You don't have to create a business from scratch.
              It's and existing business but you don't have to buy it but you can buy into it.
              It will not cost you the millions of dollars that a franchise would cost.

That's spin on it.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
              Rick
                  amspcs Ranger
                  I have to strongly disagree with the stated opinion "I feel that you can plug anyone into a system regardless of their talents, strengths or weaknesses."

I've provided biz-to-biz services for many years. I have observed many people who absolutely have no business
                  being " pretend entrepreneurs". Running a business and being a 'businessperson' requires a certain mindset,
                  mentality, discipline, preparation, intelligence and untold other qualities. No offense to anybody, but the simple truth is that some people have it, and some people don't. Furtheremore, I think an inherent natural interest in whatever endeavor one chooses is essential. I can't think of a worse scenario than being sentenced to a lifetime of getting up in the morning to perform a job one has no interest in and is unhappy and unfulfilled with.

AMSPCS
                      MlmRepMachine Newbie
                      Disagreements are good and I always welcome dissenting views.
                      They're just opinions and we all have them. I look at it like a good
                      old debate. So thank you in advance before my rebuttal.

Who gets to decide who has the right to be an entreprenuer? The entrepreneur
                      of course. The one investing their money. If it's not right for them and in your
                      opinion they have no business being "pretend entrepreneurs" then time will tell.

You want the right to say that they have no business being "pretend entrepreneurs"
                      but you want to deny them the right to make an attempt at entrepreneurship and fail.

I don't think we have the right to decide who should pursue entrepreneurial endeavors
                      and who should not. If it were left up to me everyone would at least try once to see
                      what it feels like. However, we both know that is not going to happen.

I know some most unlikely suspects that have entered the world of enterpreneurship
                      and have done very well. From a cursory glance I would not have given these people
                      much chance of succeeding.

I simply said you can plug anyone into a system and they would succeed if they follow
                      the system. This would be no different than me giving someone the recipe to bake a cake
                      and as long as they followed the recipe to letter they could bake the same cake.

It would not matter about whether they enjoyed baking a cake. It would not matter whether
                      they had the proper mindset while baking the cake. It would not matter about their discipline,
                      their preparation as long as they followed the recipe to the letter. That's why it's called a system
                      because there's not much thinking one has to do.

I believe that everyone that decides to go into business for themselves have it.....whatever it is.
                      You know why I believe this? Because the idea of being in business would not have entered as
                      a seed in their mind if they did not have the ability to bring it forth. The problem is that most are
                      not willing to do everything that is necessary to make the business a success if it were viable to
                      begin with. If not, they would simply choose another as I and so many have done.

No one is sentenced to anything in life. We each make choices on a moment to moment basis and
                      we can change our minds about it anytime. Also, I thought we were talking about owning a business (franchise) not a job as you eluded to in your last sentence. Those are two different beasts.

Most people who reside on jobs have chosen to live lives of quiet desperation. Not all but most.

Thanks for your keen insight and the opportunity to have this discourse with you AMSPCS.

Rick