Post a new topic
    11 Replies Latest reply on Jul 25, 2011 11:44 AM by imad1208

anyone deal with either salehoo or worldwide brands?

briguy71 Newbie

My first choice for a busniess might not work only for lack of capital. I wouldn't need much $10,000 would make me pretty well off so maybe less then that would work too. So to raise money I figure maybe do some dropshipping first, get an idea about running a busniess instead of all theory. If it takes off I can funnel the profits from one business to the other.

Worldwide brans comes high recomended, but the price is a bit steep. Salehoo is cheaper and they look like they do the same thing. Does anyone use them here? I have done some research and both have the positives and negatives.
        • Re: anyone deal with either salehoo or worldwide brands?
          LUCKIEST Guide
          anyone deal with either salehoo or worldwide brands?

*Sorry, I do not *deal with either salehoo or worldwide brands, however if you are going into business you need a business plan.
          **Good luc
            vnavguys Tracker
            I use worldwide brands, they vary their membership from time to time. I bought in when they offered a lifetime membership so it was pretty inexpensive. They are reputable and have a pretty good listing of vendors who are willing to work with you.
            Ken
              SellWholesale Newbie
              I've been using SaleHoo for a few months, and I'm finding some good information on their site. Obviously there are some duds, but such is research. Overall, I'd say it was a worthwhile purchase.

I wrote a quick review of their service on my website. I'm not sure that I'm allowed to post the url, but you should be able to figure it out from my username.

• Jason Green
                Adventurer
                I've been a member of worldwidebrands for a little over a year now. I find their site to be very informative. Have I found many wholesalers via their site? A few.. not many.. But, it does depend on what you are looking to product source and sell.

I do not know much about salehoo but I do believe they charge a monthly fee. I am always very careful when it comes to "suppliers" looking to charge monthly fees. You really have to do your research and make sure you are not dealing with a middle man. I have been selling on eBAy for approximately 5 years now and last year I formed an LLC in order to take my "casual" selling to the next level. You can never deal with a real wholesaler unless you are a corporation, have a corp. Tax ID # and a Sales Tax ID. Any company that does not require any of these is most likely a middle man who is going to eat away at your profit margins.

As far as dropshipping..I have never done it. The margins are small and it is very difficult to be a profitable dropshipper via a platform like eBay unless you are doing huge volume. Even if you hook up with a dropshipper that allows you to download 100,000 products to your eBay store ( not sure if that is the platform you plan on using ), keep in mind that at .03 per store listing per month, that is $3000.00 in listing fees per month. Then you have final value fees, paypal fees, etc. So you will need items that sell in large quantities in order to dropship via this type of platform.

If you plan on building a website and dropship via that method, then keep in mind that it will take time to grow the website and get traffic to it. Having a great looking website without the correct methods in place to get traffic to it will be like having a Walmart out in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean.

I am by no means an internet guru, but having some limited success at it, this is all I can say from what I have experienced so far.

Good luck to you.
                    SellWholesale Newbie
                    I agree with mark111. If you're not careful, the middlemen posing as wholesalers will kill your profits.

But to clarify, Salehoo is not a wholesale supplier. Instead they are a directory and community of wholesale suppliers. Their site probably could be free, allowing them to make money other ways, but they do charge a fee. It's not a monthly fee, but a one-time fee between $50 and $100 depending on the advertising method being used at that moment. I think I paid $67. I'm 99% sure that gives you lifetime access to the site.

• Jason Green
                        Adventurer
                        Thanks for clearing that up sellwholesale. I recall looking at some of the sample pricing on salehoo's site a while back and would have found it impossible to turn a profit on the merchandise. I joined Alibaba for free and I tell you most of the suppliers on that site are scams.

Oddly enough, most of the product that I sell and have done well with I have found on my own and not via the internet. Most real wholesalers/dropshippers tend to not advertise online. I have found three decent wholesalers via worldwidebrands and again I find that site to be generally very informative about the online e tailing business.
                          vnavguys Tracker
                          One of worldwide brands passions is educating people of what an actual wholesaler is verses someone who charges a fee. They are very adament about that, and so am I. Finding a true wholesaler takes some work, you can never buy a list of names and hope it works out. For the same amount of effort of promoting their "wholesaler" status, most companies could be totally legit and earn a decent living.
                          Ken
                        snipes119 Wayfarer
                        Salehoo has a lot of good dropshipping companies, but you must buy in bulk to gain any profit. I have not had much luck with dropshipping.

Check out affiliate marketing or building your own website and selling information products, or both. Check out a free affiliate e-course at http://www.theeasyincomepro.com_+*
                          linguine999 Newbie
                          Hi,

I joined World Wide Brands a couple of months ago and would not recommend it. I have been unable to source any brand name products and the manufacturers I have contacted have not even bothered to reply to me. Am not sure if it's because I am in Australia and do not have a US Tax Id but I am a registered business and I do have an Australian ABN.

The search facility is tedious and slow and you can only search by product/category. It would be useful to search for manufacturers by location so then I could find Australian manufacturers who would deal with an Australian business.

If you are in Canada or the US, maybe this might be good for you - it does seem to have a lot of manufacturers in the US.

If you are looking for brand name products forget it!!!!

Good luck to you.
                          Cheers
                            robreb Newbie
                            If your looking for a REAL dropshipper, check out this list. It's free and refreshed regularly.

freedropshippinglist.com