Post a new topic
    3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 7, 2009 4:06 PM by bentenn

HI, I'm staring my own jewelry business

CoCo.Glamour Newbie

Since I'm just starting i want to buy small minimum orders or a store in Florida where i can buy wholesale. a supplier? Any info, suggestions are appreciated.
      Thank you

• Re: HI, I'm staring my own jewelry business
          LUCKIEST Guide
          I'm staring my own jewelry business, welcome

Who are you?? Go to Members page and share some info.

Suggestions: A business plan is a great way to start. Also SCORE. SCORE is FREE

Good luck
            B_VanGuard Newbie
            My suggestion to you would be to offer discounted items. If your products are of good quality and you offer them at discounts, people will recognize that you have what the bigger companies have. For example, my wife was in possesion of some macys coupons. She chose to shop at macys to buy her jewelry rather than a large jewelry outlet simply because they had the same stuff for cheaper.
              bentenn Adventurer
              If you are opening up a small jewely store and have not been in the jewelry business before, may I suggest that you learn about the business and industry you are entering. Find a local trade convention where many suppliers will be presenting their products both to learn from them and to make purchases. You can search the web to find one or more local or regional events to attend.

You can also contact other small jewelry stores in other cities or states and ask them for advice and suggestions. Since you will not be competing with them, they may be happy to share their success and failure stories when they too got started.

If you need business advice on how to get started, contact the Small Business Development Center near you. Go to www.sba.gov and click on Local Resources and then on SBDC.

Good luck. Ben