Post a new topic
    6 Replies Latest reply on Jul 6, 2009 8:59 PM by RanksIntl

Nightwear for Women

coolmonamie Newbie
      I came up with an idea which is not marketed much. Not inventing anything "new" but using several other techniques in marketing and in material. I am not into design so I am using patterns with some changing and have seamstress and am working with a mill getting the fabric I am wanting. However, I must buy over 800 -1600 yards to get started and can only get one color per 800 yards. Cost is roughly between $5-7 a yard. The fabric can only be made in textile mills and is not accessible to the general public as fabric stores. I am willing to take the risk, buy the fabric and have the people to sew it. I have several boutiques that have already said they would sell it, plus online store. This is my question. This fabric is new and the latest in the market. I have seen a couple of designers already use this fabric in women's nightwear but do not market it like I want nor in weight, nor have the design that I like and it is manufactured in China. Do you think that people will be willing to buy from me since I have the contacts and are made personally by USA seamstress and not manufactured in sewing factory? How do I get the product in sewing factory if I am not a big business and if I have an overload of orders? Am I taking too much risk with the investment being 5-9 thousand dollars? There is a great need for this product in the age group of baby boomers and I believe would sell like hotcakes! Just wondering?
        • Re: Nightwear for Women
          LUCKIEST Guide
          Nightwear for Women, Welcome

who are you?? Go to Members page and share some info.

You also need to develop a business plan.

How soon do you plan on starting this business??

LUCKIEST
              david_aa Adventurer
              agree with LUCKIEST - business plan is a must. Sounds like a profitable business, you have a few orders already and nightwear might not be expensive. But you need a serious and constructive plan to figure out all the pros and contras.
              1 of 1 people found this helpful
                coolmonamie Newbie
                It takes six weeks for the fabric to arrive and I haven't ordered yet because waiting on the price quote for final purchase. I wanted to start selling in July but it is looking more like Sept for opening sales due to production. I guess I didn't realize that it would take this long to get this type of business up and going. As far a a detail plan, I haven't wrote it out yet but have some things down on paper.
                    LUCKIEST Guide
                    Nightwear for Women

Do you have a name?? Puting your idea on paper is a start.

I can help you, SCORE can help you. Both SCORE and I are FREE
                        coolmonamie Newbie
                        Yes I have a name, logo trademark in which I designed and have a .com site name also. I have a website in which I have already established but not advertising yet until i get the product finished and available. I have already thought about stamping instead of tag for inside product, packaging and other mkt. ideas.

tell me more about score?
                            RanksIntl Adventurer
                            Hello!

Your idea sounds great and you obviously have a good start for what you want to do. I am currently working with a clothing designer who does high end fashion so I have an idea of what you are going through. I would love to help you with developing your business plan or at least give you a start. Email at the address in my profile.

Renee`