Post a new topic
    2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 1, 2009 11:56 AM by Intelicapital

Alternatives to Employees

8acompany Wayfarer
      My business model is growing a company of 1 into a thriving business. I have been in business since 2001 and work with consultants only.

Instead of the added pressure to keep finding new work or laying people off.. I work with consultants.

However, starting this year, I am going to start running all contractors through a staffing agency so I can help them with potential benefits (health insurance, tax, etc) and my billing is simplified - only one invoice to the staffing company.

So don't think there is just either or.... there are alternatives that are legal and beneficial to all.
      Think outta the box.
        • Re: Alternatives to Employees
          LUCKIEST Guide
          Alternatives to Employees, Yes Karen there are alternatives to employees

Using a staffing agency saves you preparing payroll and paying payroll taxes timely, and can also help your cash flow.

On the negative side, you are paying a premium using the staffing agency and those working for you are NOT really your employees (which seems the main focus of your post.

As long as it works for you. Good luck, LUCKIEST
          • Re: Alternatives to Employees
            Intelicapital Adventurer
            Karen Miller,

Have you decided on a Staffing company? I also represent a "Professional Employer Orginization" or PEO. This company handles all HR activities as well as on going Staffing activities. They have the best rate structure and can design niche plans depending on their needs. I work directly with this company. Please let me know if you are interested in discussing it further. My contact information can be seen by clicking my profile (the email goes directly to me.)