Post a new topic
    5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 7, 2007 12:28 PM by LUCKIEST

ava business solutions

rayandnay Newbie
      this company asked for 2500.00 upfront as a good faith down payment to help me secure venture capital money, is this normal, i thought under the telemarketers sales rule you could not pay for a loan until you have the money in your possession for a number of days
        • Re: ava business solutions
          DomainDiva Ranger

Tread very carefully here. I dont know these people...but calling it 'good faith money' does not sound right coming from a possible firm connected to the VC's. Seems to me that they would take a percentage of the funding as a finders fee...not request any money up front.

We need a couple of our SCORE guys to weigh in as well...LUCKIEST????
          1 of 1 people found this helpful
            DomainDiva Ranger
            I did a site search and yes we have discussed this company before. It looks like they have made some corrections to the website...corrected some language etc. See my previous comments as well.
            1 of 1 people found this helpful
                DomainDiva Ranger
                The web site I found seemed to be for a real consulting company not one that did VC deals. If memory serves me right...there was a web site but it was poorly structured and worded. This does not sound like something you want to do. keep your hard earned money and work on your exe summary & business plan.
                LUCKIEST Guide
                Rayandnay, How did you hear about "ava"?? They are out of Texas (maybe)??
                Securing
                venture capital money is not easy. Do you have a BUSINESS and Marketing
                Plan.
                As DomainDiva said BE CAREFUL. Have you tried your local SCORE office. ??
                Three websites have come up that might be of help. HAVE NOT TRIED THEM
                sandriconsultants@gmail.com
                gatheringofangels.com
                triumph_ig@sbcglobal.net
                Good luck, LUCKIEST