Post a new topic
    4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 6, 2009 2:45 AM by vavkus

Which type of business entity should I choose for IT com.?

vavkus Newbie
      <!--if gte mso 9><xml>
      Normal
      false
      false
      false
      EN-US
      X-NONE
      X-NONE
      </xml><!endif--><!--if gte mso 9><xml>
      </xml><!endif-->
      <!--if gte mso 10>
      <style>
      /* Style Definitions */
      table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;}
      </style>
      <!endif-->
      Hello,

One year ago I won a green card, and now I'm in the USA. I would like to open a company here and start to
      make money and pay taxes.

Before addressing some questions I would like you to have
      some background information about the project I would like to execute:

I intend to establish an IT (WEB BASED) company. The company
      will have two owners, my friend, who is not a US resident, and me. The company
      will create web sites and applications, will do server monitoring and e-Shop testing.
      We want to open a branch of it in Armenia and outsource the part of the job: In
      Armenia there are many high qualified technicians who do a similar job for
      famous European and US companies.

Now I would like to address you some questions and will be very
      thankful if you could help me with some advice.

First of all I would like you to help me in
      sampling of the type of business entity (Corp. or LLC). As I understood from the US Government sites
      and other forums the C-Corp type would better answer to our company, but I am
      not sure.

Currently I live in Utah. What could you advise
      me, is Utah a good place for business registration and what do you think, is
      Utah hard from the aspect of taxes? I read somewhere that Wyoming is more flexible
      and soft for business beginners. What would you suggest me, where it would be
      better to register the company?

Is there any law regarding the affiliate company?

Are there any obstacles for opening an affiliate
      company?

Thank you very much for your time and efforts. In the beginning the company will be very
      small, and unfortunately there will be no fund for hiring a lawyer.

I would appreciate very much if you could help me in making
      first steps to success.

Many thanks in advance!

Kind Regards,

Arman.