Post a new topic
    2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 30, 2009 1:30 PM by bm911tax

LLC Profits

acejohnr Newbie
      I was wondering if I can take LLC profits as Divdend income instead of regular income? If I can do I need to do anything special to do this?
        • Re: LLC Profits
          LUCKIEST Guide
          LLC Profits, Welcome

Who are you?? go Members page and share some info.

why would you want to take profits as dividend income??

Do you have an accountant??
          • Re: LLC Profits
            bm911tax Adventurer
            It all depends on how is your LLC setup. If you are a single member LLC then you would file Sch. C of 1040. In that case you CAN'T take any dividents, but if your LLC is setup as S Corp then you might be able to take dividents and distribution, and if its done correctly you can save $$$ on taxes.

Ben
            www.taxbizpro.com

IRS Circular 230 Legend: Any advice contained herein was not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose of avoiding U.S. federal, state, or local tax penalties. Unless otherwise specifically indicated above, you should assume that any statement in this email relating to any U.S. federal, state, or local tax matter was written in connection with the promotion or marketing by other parties of the transaction(s) or matter(s) addressed in this email. Each taxpayer should seek advice based on the taxpayer's particular circumstances.