Post a new topic
    4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 29, 2009 12:47 PM by Corneredcircl

Is DPO the way to go?

Corneredcircl Adventurer
      I was approached by a company who is willing to fund my company. They are offering funding from their DPO fund. Is this the way to go for a start-up company? And where should we get the funds to cover any upfront fees? Should this be covered by the investment company?
        • Re: Is DPO the way to go?
          LUCKIEST Guide
          Is DPO the way to go, Welcome Wesley

What is a DPO Fund?? Do you have a Lawyer?? An Accountant??

Thanks and good luck, LUCKIEST
              Corneredcircl Adventurer
              DPO funding was explained to me as a Direct Public Offering, placing my company on the OTC market for investors to fund. I have not as of yet posed the question to my Lawyer nor my Accountant.
                  LUCKIEST Guide
                  Is DPO the way to go? Thanks for the answer

According to Wikipedia
                  A company pursues a direct public offering (DPO) to raise
                  capital by marketing its shares directly to its own customers,
                  employees, suppliers, distributors and friends in the community. DPOs
                  are an alternative to underwritten public offerings by securities
                  broker-dealer firms where a company's shares are sold to the broker's
                  customers and prospects.

Direct public offerings are considerably less expensive than
                  traditional underwritten offerings. Additionally, they don't have the
                  restrictions that are usually associated with bank and venture capital
                  financing. On the other hand, a DPO will typically raise much less than
                  a traditional offering.