Post a new topic
    3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 28, 2009 12:22 PM by LUCKIEST

small restaurant

Shotzi Newbie

My husband and I work full time, but a small restaurant closed and we were considering opening it back up as a sandwich shop. We can lease option to buy the place which is an acre and a 1/4. But the place is small. We spoke to the real estate agent and the lady selling it wants an 18 month lease, a down payment as well as leaving the equipment there for a fee.
      There is a bad looking mobile home on the property and the place only fits 7 four seat tables. Problem is I am concerned about the lease, as in what if the restaurant doen't make it. I have had suggestions to do breakfast as well. The agent also offered to back us as in silent partner. And he suggested staying later as the place also has a beer license and he can provide some music. Many suggestions!!. I do know in this area for breaksfast does well. It's in a boating community where a lot of people come in from all over to fish.
      We originnaly jus wanted to do sandwichess.
      Any help would be appreciated, having trouble taking the plunge.
        • Re: small restaurant
          LUCKIEST Guide
          small restaurant, Welcome

Suggestions. Who are you?? Go to Members page and share some info with us.

Contact SCORE. SCORE is FREE and they can help.

*Develop a business plan**, A business plan serves as a tool to you, the owner. As you work your
          way through the plan, you have to reaffirm the viability of your ideas.*

Good luck
              Shotzi Newbie

Any suggestions on a business plan? Perhaps how to get started, like a step by step plan any formats available or templates i can use so I don't miss anything important?
              Also any more info on SCORE what is it? any e-mail site?
              I don't want to struggle through and learn the hard way.
              Maybe I can negotiate the removal for the trailer or put up a fence to hide it for now.
              My husband and son will primarily run the place, but I don't want to start too big where it is overwhelming.
              I want this to be an enjoyable experience for everyone.

Thanks for your assistance. I think the economy is the scariest part right now.

LUCKIEST Guide
                  small restaurant

*SCORE "Counselors to America's Small Business" is a nonprofit
                  association dedicated to educating entrepreneurs and the formation,
                  growth and success of small business nationwide.*

SCORE also has a FREE Virtual Learning Center with 26 FREE online courses and the first one is Developing a Business Plan.

Hope this helps, Again LUCKIEST