Post a new topic
    4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 6, 2009 9:00 AM by david_aa

Are You A Go Giver or A Go Taker?

MlmRepMachine Newbie
      Personal development has been one of the keys to my success in owning my home based business.
      I've been around personal development for about 15 years and would have to say that this one
      strategy alone is responsible for me not giving up when times got hard.

One of my favorite books is called the Go Giver by Bob Burg and John David Man. In this little gem
      of a book there are 5 laws in which you are encourage to incorporate in your life.

I want to mention them here because I read so many posts that are just here to pitch their business
      opportunity to the member forums and I call these Go Takers.

Is it "wrong" to pitch your business opportunity? No. However it is quite ineffective I believe. How can you
      successfully pitch something to me or anyone if you don't know if we have a need for it?

I believe you should give first before you have a right to receive. I believe you should educate first and let
      the consumer decide whether they have a need for your products or services. I see very few people doing
      this.

Here's a quick test that you can use before you write something or give me a url. If I can say "so what"
      after your information then you may want to rethink what you are getting ready to send out. It's probably
      quite self-serving.

The "so what" is not scientific but at least it may get you to stop and think. We are bombarded by so
      much information and junk these days that these blantant pitches fall on deaf ears most of the time.

Ok. I'm getting off of my soapbox.

Here are the 5 laws.

1. Law of Value - Your true worth is determined by how much you give in value than you take in payment.
      2. Law of Compensation - Your income will be determined by how many people you serve and how well you serve them.
      3. Law of Influence - Your influence is determeined by how well you place others people's interest first.
      4. Law of Authenticity - The most valuable thing you have to offer is yourself.
      5. Law of Recepitivity - The key to effective giving is to stay open to receiving.

Your success is guaranteed if you can learn to embrace and live the above laws. I promise. Become a Go Giver today.

Rick
      MlmRepMachine.com

<!--Session data-->