Post a new topic
    4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 13, 2009 3:30 PM by Adducent

Raising Money for Your Business - The Ben Franklin Way

Tracker

Even in good economic conditions conventional bank funding can be difficult to get unless you have strong credit, a business record for them to rely on, provide personal guarantees and collateral. Current market and economic conditions are making things even more difficult for many business owners and entrepreneurs.

Without credit or collateral to get debt based funding, the only avenue you may have is to try to raise capital by selling equity. If your business plan is solid and the business a viable opportunity you may be able to find an "Angel" investor who would provide some funding for you. Angel investors can and do put money into small private businesses that are opportunities of interest to them but getting the attention of investors can be difficult. Sometimes an indirect approach actually gets you better results than a direct one.

Read More at:

http://www.adducent.tv/articles-news/123-raising-money-for-your-business-the-ben-franklin-way

Dennis Lowery
      Adducent, Inc.

http://www.adducent.tv

Adducent.TV ~ Information, Education & Services to help you start, fund, build or buy a busines
        • Re: Raising Money for Your Business - The Ben Franklin Way
          LUCKIEST Guide
          Raising Money for Your Business

Good post Dennis, I will pass your web site on at the next SCORE Chapter meeting

Thanks, LUCKIEST
            Iwrite Pioneer
            Thanks!! I do learn something from your posts. I love that you don't talk down to people but to them. This is a great post.

I really appreciate you encouraging people to get creative about finding funding. I hope you don't mind that I share this story:

I recently talked with a friend, who I had encouraged to talk to as many friends and family members about this business. Of course, none of them could help but one of them was telling a co-worker about his business, and her boss over heard the conversation. Long story short, the boss and a couple of his friends are now "silent partners" in my friends business.

Work as many contacts as possible, you don't know where they will lead you.

derek
                Tracker
                Hi Derek,

You're welcome. Sorry for the delay in replying to you ... I took some time off for the 4th of July/summer holiday with the family and am just now getting back into the swing of things.

I think it is very important to talk to people and not at them and try to make that my style in my posts, books and articles. I appreciate you sharing that story ... I've seen that same thing play out not only in my own businesses but also with other business owners I've worked with and heard from. It goes to show you that if you do things the right/professional way ... you can never tell who's "ear" you'll catch. And that can lead to the type of contact/resource you need to launch/grow your business.

Dennis