Post a new topic
    4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 3, 2007 4:22 PM by Jon.icp

Raise Capital, selling bonds

Jon.icp Newbie
      I am trying to raise capitalbuy selling bonds for my company. I am not able to find a company to help me. I know what type of companies that could help but I need to know the name of a comapnay or companies that can offer this type of service. After I have bonds to sell who and where do I sell the bonds?

I need to raise capital in short amount of time and for a large amount of money.
        • Re: Raise Capital, selling bonds
          Techie Wayfarer

Have you first completed a valuation for you business? There's a pretty good book out there by Andrew Sherman called Raising Capital: Get the Money You Need to Grow Your Business, it's written by an attorney.
            LUCKIEST Guide
            Tell us more about your company

The two general categories of financing available
            for businesses are debt and equity. Debt requires repayment of a loan.
            Equity involves raising capital by selling parts of the business to
            investors.

How much money your business needs, what the
            financing is needed for (start-up, expansion, new development), as well
            as how your business is organized, its size, and its stage in the
            business life cycle (start-up, growth phase, mature) are just a few of
            the things that may influence your efforts to raise capital.

If
            yours is a new business without a track record, you may have difficulty
            raising capital from lenders or investors. A first place to look for
            capital might be your own assets. You may be able to raise money for
            the business from your savings or borrow against a retirement plan,
            life insurance policy, credit card, or the equity in your home.

If
            your business is more established, you may be able to borrow from a
            number of sources. You can apply to banks or credit unions for loans.
            You can contact the Small Business Administration for information on
            the programs it administers to help businesses obtain financing. Your
            local chamber of commerce may be able to put you in touch with state
            and local agencies that provide financial assistance to new businesses
            located within your geographic area. You need to have a detailed
            business plan to provide to potential lenders or investors.

Good luck, LUCKIEST

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                Jon.icp Newbie
                I am starting a franchise. The company has been around for 60 years. I have little to invest on my own. I need to raise a 7 figure amount. I would need investors or sell bonds. I am going to open a hotel. The start up money would cover the land and the construction of the new building. The hotel would have over $750,000 gross income. There would be at least 20 employees. I would be doing most of the work such as CEO, CFO and all management positions. I am not able at this time to get a loan for this amount of money. I can use all the help I can. I can also sell or be partners with someone to help get this to move forward.