Post a new topic
    8 Replies Latest reply on Jun 24, 2009 9:58 PM by phanio

Trucking

Hardtime Newbie

I need about $45 thousand to start my trucking company, how can i get that loan?
        • Re: Trucking
          RanksIntl Adventurer
          Hello!

Trucking...that sounds like a good plan! How long have you been doing that?

So, the first thing that you are going to need to approach a lender is a business plan if you do not already have one. Basically, it will be a road map for your entire business including market research(is there a market for your business? if, so where?), financials(how much you have to invest, how much you are looking for, sales forecast...1yr,5yrs)and complete management profiles among other things.

As for who you can get a loan from. There are different options. There are conventional options ie. banks, commercial lenders, microloans and there are non conventional ie. private equity, venture capitalists,etc. You just need to target the right people and go about it the right way.

Hope this helps! If you want further details or have any other questions, let me know!

Renee`
          renee.rankine@ranksintl.com
            RanksIntl Adventurer
            Hello!

Trucking...that sounds like a good plan! How long have you been doing that?

So, the first thing that you are going to need to approach a lender is a business plan if you do not already have one. Basically, it will be a road map for your entire business including market research(is there a market for your business? if, so where?), financials(how much you have to invest, how much you are looking for, sales forecast...1yr,5yrs)and complete management profiles among other things.

As for who you can get a loan from. There are different options. There are conventional options ie. banks, commercial lenders, microloans and there are non conventional ie. private equity, venture capitalists,etc. You just need to target the right people and go about it the right way.

Hope this helps! If you want further details or have any other questions, let me know!

Renee`
                Hardtime Newbie
                I didn't start the business yet, im just hoping i can get the loan to start.
                    RanksIntl Adventurer
                    Hello!

What kind of experience do you have in trucking? Have you started to develop a business plan? Either in writing or just general goals in your head?

Getting loans for a new business are going to depend a lot on your personal credit score. I would like to help, even if its just someone to bounce ideas off of so that you can get a start, but I need some more info:

1. Have you started a business plan?
                    2. How mcuh do you have to invest?
                    3. Experience?
                    4. Credit Score?

If you don't want to share any of this publicly then you can email me at the address in my profile.

Renee`
                      LUCKIEST Guide
                      Sources of capital, investors and lenders, will NOT even consider providing you money to your business UNLESS you have a business plan and MORE.

Again LUCKIEST
                    TaxPartner Wayfarer
                    In most cases, it depends on how your credit is. If not so great, then you may want to consider submitting a proposal to individual investors.
                      LUCKIEST Guide
                      Trucking, Welcome

Go to Members page and share some info. Thanks
                        phanio Pioneer

What are the funds for? If for equipment like a truck and trailer - try an equipment lender - these lenders specialize and have many products to meet your needs. If for other items - try micro-credit companies.

Business Money Today
                        www.BusinessMoneyToday.com