Post a new topic
    10 Replies Latest reply on Nov 17, 2007 7:20 AM by LUCKIEST

Legal Software Suggestions?

brooksyerpus Newbie
      I'm hoping to get your opinions on Legal document software on the market, preferably for Macs.

Also, do these contracts need to be notarized?
        • Re: Legal Software Suggestions?
          LUCKIEST Guide
          Tell or ask us more. What do you want to know about Legal document software on the market??
          Who is writing the contract and why?? LUCKIEST
            Ed O'Gee Adventurer
            go to legalzoom.com - they are an online vendor tha provides tons of standard legal docs that can be notorized through their service.
              brooksyerpus Newbie
              I saw some software while I was at Staples which was named something like "All Legal Documents" or something like that.

I was hoping to find common contracts/forms that small businesses need all in one package. Not sure if it exists... I'm also not even entirely sure what contracts I'll need.

As for legalzoom... they are far too expensive. They run a great company, but their prices are 4-5 times more expensive then they should be. Ironically, I live about 50 feet away from their headquarters ;-)
                Lucky7 Newbie

Hi Everyone - I'm new to the forum.

I'm a small business consultant. I help small business owners ( 1-99 employees) protect and grow their business so they can concentrate on their day to day operations.

Most of us don not read the fine print on legal software or documents we purchase over the internet. The creator of the form can't guarantee the document you create is legal after you've altered their form.

You should find a disclaimer notifying you to have the document reviewed by an attorney.

My clients have access to forms and once they edit the form with the necessary information, they send it to be reviewed. . . at no additional charge for the original document or to have it reviewed by an attorney after they add the necessary changes.

brooksyerpus Newbie
                    That's a good point Lucky. Where do you operate your consultation business from and how can I get more info on it?
                        Lucky7 Newbie
                        You asked how to get more information. That's a good question.

I work out of my home office, however, my business/service is nationwide. I offer many services to my clients to help them protect and grow their small business, including services to protect their personal lives because we all know how our personal lives tend to affect our business. I use the same services that I offer to my clients. I couldn't offer something I wouldn't use myself.

Many of my suggestions are offered free of charge with the services because I like to help people.

The service I offer is going to be featured in a program Saturday, November 17th on Court TV.

*Saturday, November 17, 2007
                        11:00am Eastern
                        10:00am Central
                        9:00am Mountain
                        *11:00am Pacific**<br /<br />** For the Pacific time zone: if Court TV is shown via a cable provider, the time is 11am. If you view Court TV via satellite service, the time is 8am. Please check local listings for program availability in your area.

Far from a typical documentary which focuses on something interesting but may have little direct impact on the individuals viewing it, this program will address needs that most people have. This program will be particularly important to small business owners because I know you will instantly see the value in the services offered and the benefits of those services for both you personally and for your business.

I hope you will tune in to Court TV on November 17th and see for yourself.