Post a new topic
    9 Replies Latest reply on Jun 19, 2009 9:07 PM by SSJohn

Heavenly Blessings Online Store - New business

Adventurer
      We have a new online store at heavenlyblessings.ispeedway.com. We have advertised on myspace, facebook, twitter, superpages, aol and craigslist. We have done all that we know to do yet our business is almost a year old and no sales and we are not sure what else to do to promote our business.

Our business sells merchandise online and at our website: heavenlyblessings.ispeedway.com and that is where our catalog is located as well.
        • Re: Heavenly Blessings Online Store - New business
          LUCKIEST Guide
          Heavenly Blessings Online Store, Welcome Steve and Sharon

Good luck with your New business. Will check out your web site
            puzzleman Tracker
            Hello, My opinion is that your website is not focused. You have jewelry mixed in with electronics. You have case quantities (48 of the Ten commandments). The links at the top of the home page do not work.

What is the motivation for me to buy from you?? Just because you have it out there, so doa lot of other people. So again, what is my motivation to buy from you??

I think that you need more focus and drill your products down to what you want to sell. Based on the name I expected to see predominately a religious products website sold by the piece, not by the case.

Just my opinion. Jim
                Adventurer

So, you went to our website and you're saying that the links do not work on our homepage yet we check them and we know that the links work. Now, we have mixed merchandise just like other stores and yes, there is jewelry and electronics mixed together, so we are taking that you are saying to put all merchandise from the same catagory together rather then mix them, ok. Now, the name came from the fact that God blessed us with the name and all things for us come from God and that is where the name came from. If we are breaking down what you are saying then we need to put the categories together, are we correct in that? Just because of the name once again, our business is a blessing and when someone shops at your store or whatever business one may have then, your customers are a blessing and maybe, it took someone a long time to get a certain piece of merchandise then that is a blessing for that person as well.

We realize that other stores have the same merchandise that we have and what you motivate you to by from us is that we're a honest family based business that is lead by God's hands and to us, no customer is just a customer but a blessing.
                    puzzleman Tracker
                    Not trying to be rude, but you say that you are a "honest family based business". How do I as a customer feel that? Lots of people say a lot of things on the web. There are a lot of sharks out there. So, how do I believe that?

As far as using the means you talked about to get customers, how about talking direct to people in your community, church, social organization, circle of friends, etc. I developed my business and website from "pressing the flesh" and driving people to the website. They trusted the website because they trusted me.

I am no expert in websites or sales, as there are a lot of people much smarter than me in this community. These are just my opinions and as such they are worth what you paid me.

Jim
                        Adventurer
                        Jim:

We did not take what you said as rude because what you say is true, "there are many sharks out there" we know because we got taken for some money and even had a few with the business that lied about paypal. We have tried your approach, "press the flesh" but not like that. Thank you for your input because you made us have to think about some issues that are real with alot of people. Thank you.

Steve and Sharon
                    DomainDiva Ranger
                    I too visited your site this AM. The links in the CENTER OF THE PAGE do not work. Only the links at the left of the web page. I agree with Puzzleman, the website is not focused. Your selection of goods only serves to show that you have not yet defined your identity in the e-commerce world. Your responses to the comments also show that you do not intend to focus on building a brand. Branding is how customers find you.

When I lived in Europe, I did not speak many of the languages but I was always able to purchase my favorite products because of the branding.

Not developing who you are (your brand) is a turn off to customers, people purchase on line because of the 'brand identity' of the seller. You have no brand identity.

I understand the name Heavenly Blessings, but before I went to the website I thought it was another christian bookstore-christian-supply-place despite what your post said. Who would buy electronics from Heavenly Blessings? Would a first time visitor be willing to do business with you? The Who We Are section was just a website regurgitation and an aol contact address for an e-commerce website is a total no no.

Another problem is the ispeedway portal. You need to do business under a dot com.

Bottom line...your website does not indicate that you are seriously in business to make money and be a driving force in e-commerce.

There are people out there that can help you get it together. I am being tough on you because people I loved and respected were tough on me to build our brand, from logo to trademark to even the website environment, business cards, brochures etc. Even our spreadsheets have the trademark and black strip across the very top. Every piece of information we have or will have is designed with our brand in mind.

If it were me.

1. Decide what you want to sell.
                    2. Get rid of the rest of it.
                    3. Get a dot com domain and loose heavenly blessings. (trust me)
                    4. Decide on some kind of family business name.
                    5. Get a logo professionally designed.
                    6. Find a web designer and an ad copywriter to do the copy for the website. Designers do lousy copywriting jobs.
                    7. Be sure to pay the people you hire. Very important for karma.
                    8. Do your own SEO research, your ad copywriter can help with keyword placement in the copy.
                    9. Start advertising in the brick and mortar world. Fliers at church, at the grocery stores, post cards on doors, etc.
                    10. Get booths at flea markets and fairs as well...many of the sellers at Canton Texas First Mondays have online stores as well.

It is going to be hard work, probably the hardest thing you have ever done. But if you want to be in e-commerce these are some of the things that you have to do. Setting up an online store, putting whatever you have in the closet (that's what it looks like) and having the 'if we build it they will come' attitude will not make you any money.
                        Adventurer

DomainDiva:
                        Thank you for your input and we would not have posted anything,if we were worried about someone being hard on us. Now, we only use our aol account as a way of personal contact. Now, we appreciate what you said regarding the name and it will be considered but it also sounds like you are one, that wants to put God in a box and we can not do that because he is our provider and as believers in God is why the name is there and that is who we are; so we are defined in who we are God's children. Ispeedway is a dot com and as for narrowing down our merchandise is a idea for thought and to be considered. You also said "Another Christian store" then yes, we are Christians and that seems to be a problem for you and that is on you but once again, we know where God brought us from and it is because of him that we are still here. There is no links in the center of the page - it is just telling you the items we sell and you would have to use the links on the left.

But thank you for you advice.
                            DomainDiva Ranger
                            Telling me what you think about my religious views is extremely unwise, as you know nothing about me. You need to retract those statements.

This is a BUSINESS FORUM....

Neglecting business advice and pouring out ad-hominen attacks on commenters because you are convinced that your religious beliefs are going to save the day is unwise. When you neglect HONEST, FAIR PROPER basic business principles in favor of 'leaving it up to your religion' it may not go over well with any legal implications you may face because your site failed and you failed to pay your bills.
                                Adventurer
                                DomainDiva:
                                You are right I know nothing about you as you know nothing about me and my beliefs is just that my beliefs and basically you can dish it but not take it. Now, fair, honest and proper business is one thing yet whether my site fails or not is not of your concern yet thank you anyway. But however, my bills still get paid and "my leaving it up to my religion" has gotten me there. So may God Bless you and yours as He has blessed me and mine.