Post a new topic
    3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 17, 2009 10:24 AM by Dragonfly1

Starting a licensing company

Dragonfly1 Newbie
      After 12 years in the beauty business, I have started my own cosmetic licensing company. I now have 7 licenses ready to be negotiated, 2 - 3 that will need to be signed within the next week. Talent agencies are looking to bring 2 - 3 additional licenses to me.

I may have the opportunity to take over the license for the top selling cosmetic brand currently retailing on HSN.

I havehad to walk away from private equity groups due to their unethical practices. I am now in a position where I have 2 - 3 possible investors however that will not be finalized for another three weeks. I am in need of $50K - $250K ASAP - however if I can find an investor who wants to invest more I would be happy to listen.

Can anyone offer advice?
        • Re: Starting a licensing company
          RanksIntl Adventurer
          Hello!

Congratulations on your business success so far! I don't know if you have created a business plan yet but I suggest that you make that your next step and take it to lenders, venture capitalists and try to get as much government support as possible. I would like to be able to help you if I could some more information on the steps that you have taken and where you are planning on going from there.

Renee`
          renee.rankine@ranksintl.com
            LUCKIEST Guide
            Starting a licensing company, Welcome Jen

Ranks gave you good advice, YES a Business Plan to raise money or finance a new venture is most important.

Do you know about SCORE?? SCORE is FREE.

Good luck, LUCKIEST
                Dragonfly1 Newbie
                Thank you both for your responses. Yes, I have already prepared my business plan as well as projected financials. I guess I should have been clearer. I have been looking for investors for 6 months. I have been very far down the road with PE companies and then walked away due to unethical practices.

I have been to the SBA - they define a start up company as one with three years of financials. The SBA also told me that there is no grants for start up companies unless they are for not for profit.