Post a new topic
    2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 15, 2009 8:12 AM by phanio

    Opening a Cafe

    cmingo Newbie
      Hello everyone,

      I'm in the process of opening a cafe to go along with my catering business. We recently completed the construction of a 6,000 sqf outdoor reception site are to go along with our 7,000 sqf indoor site. I plan on using the outdoor site as a cafe instead of letting it sit empty during the lunch hour. The cafe is going to run out of the same kitchen my catering is done. My problem is, I'm not sure how to legally name the cafe. Do I have to get a seperate tax id, llc or can I run it under the same legal name as the catering business? Can I do a DBA?