Post a new topic
    11 Replies Latest reply on Nov 6, 2007 7:52 AM by Score133

help with innerworking of invention

rayandnay Newbie
      i have what i think is a novel idea in the heating and airconditioning field, but i am having trouble with wiring and general construction, where should i go for help to create basically a prototype, and where is the proper funding via grants or loans? i have a provisional patent on the concept, is this enough to protect my invention? would advertising for a partner be a wise decision, and if so by what means to deal with honest professional individuals?
        • Re: help with innerworking of invention
          LUCKIEST Guide
          Tell us more. What is your background?? Are you a Engineer??
          as I understand provisional patent is temporary. Do you have a Patent Lawyer??
          A lawyer would protect you and give you the correct answers.
          Everybody thinks the world is made up of honest professional individuals. NOT TRUE.
          BE CAREFUL, LUCKIEST
            Lighthouse24 Ranger
            I can't offer any help with the grant/funding part of your question, but as for building the prototype, you might contact the appropriate engineering department heads at a local college or university, or contact the instructors at any local trade school that offers courses on the skills you require. They are often looking for different sorts of "lab projects" for their students, plus some professors and instructors provide the exact kind of design consultation you seek as a side business. One of them may also be a good candidate for an interested, qualified, and compatible partner. You'd probably want to have an attorney prepare some type of a non-disclosure form and have them sign it before you begin. Good luck!
                rayandnay Newbie
                thanks to everyone who has responded to this question, my faith in humanity has been restored, you do not know how refreshing it is to talk to intelligent people for a change, thanks again, hopefully we can get something done now.
                    DomainDiva Ranger
                    Being a person who built my team from the ground up...I have found that it was friends of mine talking to other friends of theirs that got my application really going in the right direction. My CTO was a friend of a friend when he called me and said "HEY , 'D' told me you were doing A-B-C and I do X-Y-Z and 'D' thinks we would be a good fit. The rest is history.

Talk to your friends and ask them to talk to their friends. Who knows...one may have a buddy who knows this guy who knows another guy that would love to work on a new project....get the word out. Takling to people also got me the funding I needed and has kept me funded as well.

I am excited for you...bringing a new product/invention/way of doing things to the market is a truly wonderful thing!
                        rayandnay Newbie
                        domaindiva, i tried that my friends do not have that kind of intellect, what i need is someone who can get me where i want to go
                            DomainDiva Ranger
                            Ok so you have an idea in the heating/air conditioning area. Who do you know personally that does this work? Surely someone at your church could recommend someone. Once you find someone in this field you would need to draw up an agreement for some kind of partnership or alliance to develop your idea.

Are you active in your local Chamber of Commerce? If not get active.

Go online and get some business plan outlines, write your business plan and then your executuve summary. Start passing out the Summary. Start mailing it out with a cover letter. You also may want to contact some mechanical engineers in your area to see if they would be interested in working with you on your project.

Please do not get discouraged. People laughed at my idea for nearly 5 years.