Post a new topic
    14 Replies Latest reply on Jan 17, 2008 4:01 AM by youwhippedguy

How to Market New Business

purpose Newbie
      Hello everyone,

I would like to know what would be the most cost-effective way to market and/or geenrate leads of consumers interested in refinancing or purchasing homes. Any feedback, itips, deas, would be greatly appreciated.
        • Re: How to Market New Business
          LUCKIEST Guide
          Good marketing question. Tell us more about you and your company.
          You should identify the customers demands. Identify your market and it's size
          and figure out how you will advertise to reach customers.
          Good luck, LUCKIEST
              purpose Newbie
              Hello,

Thanks for your respone.

I'm just starting out as an Independent Contractor and will be working with business professionals who assist consumers in refi's or new purchases. I, of course get paid on all successful transactions. There appears to be a great need due to the current situation with fthe oreclosure of homes. I do not want my martketing technique or strategy to be hyped as many of our homeowners are being bombarded with various brokers/lenders/investors, etc. My approach will be original (no hype). This turns the homeowner off. Thanks for your input.
              WEBillions Adventurer
              Is this a local or national business? If it's local, I would try getting in contact with the local real estate companies to see if you can work out a deal with them. Is there anything you can offer them?
                  purpose Newbie
                  This is a local business and could possibly become national as well.

You suggested getting in contact with Real Estate companies. Do you mean offer or give them a % of the deal once it closes? I guess that would be fair if they are providing the leads.

Is this what you were referring to.
                  Score133 Wayfarer
                  The most cost-effective and the most overall-effective way to market any business is word-of-mouth. But how do you get folks talking about your business? Well, you start talking to people who do business and/or who know people who want to purchase or refinance a home. Let me give you just a few suggestions of people who you should talk to...real estate lawyers, church pastors, folks who own/manage flooring companies, local furniture shops, swimming pool contractors...in other words, start to think of the other business people in your area who do business with people who are looking for homes or refinancing. You can't contact everyone yourself, so you have to get create and start contacting people who can. (For example, Coca-Cola never sent a sales rep to your house, right? That's because they only "sell" to retail establishments, restaurants and vending companies. That's it. The rest is relationship marketing.) (Oh yeah, they have a gazillion dollar advertising budget, too.) So let's talk about advertising...not to be confused with marketing. Advertising should only be done if there is a publication that you are confident will be read by your potential customers. And you should only advertise when you can do so consistently and effectively. A three-line classified ad that runs for a month is just throwing your money away. Work with the newspaper's art department or hire a professional...but it's imperative for you to look good when you advertise. (Same goes for TV and radio ads.) And read everything you can on the subject...everything helps! Good luck!!!!
                    DeniseMM Newbie
                    Okay - you may not like like this - but I'm going to tell you the truth. Because that's what you need to know to create success with your business.

What you consider "hype" may absolutely speak to the heart and soul of someone else and they don't see it as hype at all. It's like beauty. It's in the eyes of the beholder.

I know a couple people right now who are in the middle of having to make really big decisions right now because they bought homes they really couldn't afford a couple years ago with adjustable rate mortgages and they are crying out for some kind of solutions - and believe me they are willing to listen to people who might truly be able to help them out. One couple will probably be able to hang in there because she wasn't working when they bought the house and now their son is old enough - and she's gone back to work. Others are really facing losing their homes because they figured the interest would go up - but they didn't figure that the values would start going down. They are hurting. Bad.

Your marketing should never be about you - and what you like or don't like. It should be about what your ideal customers want and need. Marketing and what works and what doesn't is in the eyes of the beholder. You're assuming what they want and it sounds like you really don't know. This is a big mistake that a lot of new business owners make. We can all agree screaming headlines and big, booming voices on radio and TV are hype - but there's a reason why advertisers do it. It's because it works. Do advertising/marketing that's quiet and nice and pretty in the midst of much louder, shinier appeals - and you just might get squashed like a bug and left shaking you head wondering what happened.

Now if you do something that's quieter but it's emotionally compelling, unique and sincere and really solves their problem - you might get their attention.

Here's what you need to do. Go to a title company office and get on what's known as their "default" list. This is a list of people that's renewed daily that are defauting on their mortgages. It's legal for you to get these notices of default emailed to you in most states. These are the people who are most likely to need your help. Send them a simple but emotionally powerful letter - not hyping - but offering your help. Learn how to write such a letter for best results. And just watch the calls come in.

All the best,

Denise Michaels
                    Author, "Testosterone-Free Marketing"

PS: visit me online at http://www.MentoringwithDenise.com
                        purpose Newbie
                        Hi Denise,

Thank you for your candidness.

I do believe in order for one to become successful in this business, you must have a teachable spirit and openness to grow and learn from others in this business. You're right, it should never be about me, but about what the customer's needs and/or goals are; making assumptions in the business is just not wise.

I will take some time and go down to the title company office and get on the "default" list as you suggested (thanks for that tip!). In the meanwhile, would you be opposed to forwarding my contact information (below)to the couple(s) you made reference to? I would love to have them sit down with our business associates and discuss their financial situations.

Thanks again for your feedback.

P.S. I am currently in the process of viewing your website.

Marilyn Jackson
                        Director, Professional Services
                        Above C Level
                        1-888-410-0598
                        310-904-7933
                            DeniseMM Newbie
                            Glad that you got some usefulness from my post.

If you visit my site - click on the link that says "Amazing Ebook." It takes you to a sales letter that tells you all about my ebook, that's all about copywriting. It's incredibly helpful and can save you a ton of time and wasted effort on marketing and advertising that just plain doesn't work.

Best of luck to you and let me know if you have any additional questions.

All the best,

Denise Michaels
                            Author, "Testosterone-Free Marketing"

Visit me online at http://www.MentoringwithDenise.com
                          SalesFuel Newbie
                          We have an online marketing system that allows you to post foreclosures on free web sites such as Craigslist.com. Prospective homebuyers register to view this properties on your web site....you pre-qualify them for a mortgage and share your homebuyer leads with real estate agents (who refer you more mortgage business).

To learn more, visit our web site at www.arginteractive.com or reply to this post and I can help you.
                            youwhippedguy Newbie
                            PAY PER CLICK Advertising in google/yahoo. It's worth it you'll get customers that way. Whats your website rank?