Post a new topic
    5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 11, 2009 11:02 AM by CCS_INC

Confused but determined to succeed.

rocky1 Newbie
      Hi Forum,
      I have a dream of being a business owner, so I have attempted to start a janitorial business. I lost my job last year, so my thoughts were that I could get this type of business going with low out of pocket expense. I've had a rude awakening! It seems like nothing is going the way that I expected it to go. I just don't know what to do. I'm truly confused about this, however, I am still determined to succeed. I know that there is someone out there that can give me some solid advice and direction. I am the first to admit that I don't know how to get this done. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME!
        • Re: Confused but determined to succeed.
          themagicbox Wayfarer
          I used to run a janitorial cleaning service
          the best place to start is www.socialserve.com
          select your state. make a few calls and tell them u are wanting to know if they could use your service to help them along with their inspection process. Let them know you do clean outs, move ins and evictions. They cant rent the property if it is not cleaned and most of them only have contractors not a cleaning service
          this is a state agency with property and landlords looking for people to clean their properties so they can rent them

I did really well until a few unexpected bills came and took over
          good luck
          1 of 1 people found this helpful
              rocky1 Newbie
              Thank you for your suggestion. I didn't think that I would get any response, so I really appreciate you for taking a few moments to respond. I didn't know about this service but I'll be calling them immediately. I'm praying that this is the breakthrough that I've been waiting for. God Bless You!!!!!!!!!! I guess you really are a magicbox.
              themagicbox Wayfarer
              I once ran a janitorial cleaning service
              the best place to start is www.socialserve.com
              select your state. make a few calls and tell them u are wanting to know if they could use your service to help them along with their inspection process. Let them know you do clean outs, move ins and evictions. They cant rent the property if it is not cleaned and most of them only have contractors not a cleaning service
              this is a state agency with property and landlords looking for people to clean their properties so they can rent them

I did really well until a few unexpected bills came and took over
              good luck
                LUCKIEST Guide
                determined to succeed, Welcome

Do you know about SCORE. SCORE is FREE and can help you get things going the way you want and expect.

SCORE can help you, FREE
                  CCS_INC Adventurer
                  I am a franchise owner of a commercial cleaning company right now. I think that it has great opportunity which is why I purchased a franchise. I have had my franchise for almost 2 years now. It may be confusing but that is part of everyday business. Maybe you should think about purchasing a franchise because there is a difference in starting from scratch and purchasing a franchise. With a franchise you are in business for yourself but not by yourself. With a Commercial Cleaning franchise you get guaranteed contracts and there are low start up cost. Some the well known are Jan-Pro (whom I am with), Jani-King, and Bonus Building Care. If that is something you want to do, definately look into franchising.