Post a new topic
    5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 11, 2009 4:23 PM by phanio

Tire business

tspot2 Newbie

I would like to open a tire shop and service like brake and oil change in florida (Delray Beach).
        • Re: Tire business
          imranrashid1 Newbie
          hi

good to know you

i am in tire business since last 8 years and have 7 tire shops. i suggest you to get in touch with importers of different major brans and seek small qty in mani sizes. i would recommend MAXXIS as an extremely durable tire and good for retail sales. normally all tire importers offer a 1-2 months credit period.

if you have difficulty in finding the importers of major brands, send a query to all major manufacturers for name and address of their sole agent in USA.

shall you need any further info pls feel free to contact.

imran rashid
          pakistan
              tspot2 Newbie
              Imran Rashid, I would like to know where are you located. You think is a good business in florida.
                  RanksIntl Adventurer
                  Hello!

So your idea is a good one for a couple of reasons. First, you can target a huge demographic by doing work related to cars since so many people drive(obviously) and cars need to be serviced. Second, given the current economic climate many people are opting to service their cars as opposed to making new car purchases so your business has a good chance of thriving right now.

You should absolutely take the advice that was mentioned before. You also need to make sure that you start your business legally and correctly to avoid any problems in the future. Determine your legal structure, start a business plan and if you are unsure of your market, do some market research. See if the people in the area are interested in more of what you are offering.

When are you looking to open? Have you taken any steps or are you just in the idea stage? I would love to hear more about it!

Renee`
                  renee.rankine@ranksintl.com
                LUCKIEST Guide
                Tire business, Welcome

Tell us more. Go to Members page and share some info about yourself.

How soon would you like to open this tire shop??
                  phanio Pioneer
                  Couple of suggestions - first, do you have experience in this industry? If not - them get some. Second, you should start with a business plan - there are many organizations that can help you write one - at no cost - like a local SBDC. This way you will better understand what your business needs, where to locate, who your customers are, and what it will take to make money.

Business Money Today