Post a new topic
    7 Replies Latest reply on Mar 2, 2009 8:51 PM by lunawebs Directory

erinoir Newbie
      Hello! I am looking to increase my client base and am wondering if any of you have listed your website on the directory. If you have, have you seen an increase in website traffic? What about completed sales?

• Re: Directory
          LUCKIEST Guide
          That is a great question and I am sorry that I can not answer it. It would help if you told us your business.
          You said that you to increase your client base.
          I am sure that a good website will bring in more traffic, then it is up to your MARKETING to have completed sales.
          Hope you get some good answers, Good luck LUCKIEST
            seogodfather Newbie
            As luckiest said, it is hard to say anything without knowing the line of business your in. I did see that your keyword were geared towards internet marketing and such and I just wanted to recommend good search engine optimization. Its really a huge benifit even if you do most of your business face to face, its always good if your client can find you on search engines.
              NatOnline Tracker
              Hello Erinoir,

is one of top directory, but keep in mind the main purpose of directories are backlinks that give you trust for search engines reputation.

The traffic would be indirect and this is how it works: If you are listing your site on the top directories, or just some decent directories, It means you are serious about your business, search engine like Google will send more traffic if it will find your site relevant.

This is what Google said: "Submit your site to relevant directories such as the Open Directory Project and Yahoo!, as well as to other industry-specific expert sites"

Hope to help.
                erinoir Newbie
                I cater to small businesses, helping them offer comprehensive or supplemental health benefit plans to their employees at a low monthly cost. I was thinking of listing my business in the Human Resources --> Health Benefits part of

Biz Online Adventurer
                  Hi erinoir,
                  Great name, BTW!
                  I would suggest that before you commit to that you invest in your own website first for optimization purposes.

As Nat mentioned, having links from other sites are good. However, if you are 1 of 20 links on a page, there is no "link juice" sent your way, as well as traffic is sent is minimal.

Your best bet on increasing your client base is focusing locally. If you are in a small town, then regionally (county/ multi-county). The most trusted future prospect is a referral. Invest your time in local marketing first, before going national with and possibly being disappointed.
                  This approach works for me and many others. All clients get a face to face meeting, and then you also get to choose your customers...
                  Best of luck,
                    NatOnline Tracker
                    I forgot to tell you, try to list you site in Yahoo local, it's free and can bring you more clients to your sites.
                    • Re: Directory - price increase
                      lunawebs Newbie
                      We used to purchase directory listings from - but I just canceled after being a loyal customer for 4 years. We would purchase 2 directory listings from for 2 separate key phrases. This used to help with SEO rank. Well this year they raised the price from $149 to $299 per listing without even notifying me of the price increase. I emailed customer service and they did nothing. They canceled my listings and basically blew us off.

I asked the question why they increased the directory listing price and they dodged the question and just canceled the service.

They are giving me a refund -but tried to only issue one until I showed them their error.

I don't believe either that the directory adds any value anymore because it has gotten so huge. There are too many listings to make it worth while. Even the so called prestigous featured listings are saturated. They are becoming just like the yellow pages of old - but cheaper to produce. I'd stay away from these guys - they seem to have some very deceptive business practices which surprises me as an R.H. Donnelley Company.