Post a new topic
    16 Replies Latest reply on Jun 10, 2009 10:18 AM by KARLAAMAYA

Staring my own business

meylinb Wayfarer

I already have a online business going, it was my husband idea to star up that way, really in 8moths we only had two customers, my idea with this business had always been to have a store and develop real big specially in the market that I'm. Would it be a good idead to get a business loan and expand my business or should I shut down the business in a year mark?
        • Re: Staring my own business
          RanksIntl Adventurer
          Hello!

That is a loaded question that depends a lot on you. The main question that you need to ask is do you want to continue with that business or would you rather pursue other ventures? Given the fact that your business has not been around very long and does not have a proven track record it will be difficult to get a business loan. Whether you go forward with this business and need a loan or start another you are going to need a business plan and market research to show lenders that there is a market for your business and they will get a repayment of their loan. If you need any other advice I'd be happy to help.

Renee`
              meylinb Wayfarer
              Thanks for your reply. I am a firm believer on myself and I know with all my heart that provably my online business has not been success because in the market that I'm there is a lots of competition, but opening a store and actually sell my products to customer is a dream. Where I live besides party city and the dollar store I will be the only one doing what I'm trying to do, everyone else that I located online they just do it only. I will have a store, I mean, I picture the store already is kind of crazy. If I had the money I would do it in a heart beat.

Thanks again, I like your website by the way. I found good answer to other questions I had.
                  Emile Yarder Adventurer
                  Thanks a lot also to you Dear Madam and Good Mother! You are giving us the opportunity to express ourselves! It's more than money! And it's money too! You see it's there 3 things where you're very good in and you're sharing that with us?! ! Saperlipopette! That is BUSINESS! I mean you could doing this as a business! You are a Lady, second a good Mother and you can give a communication platform to discuss about a subject. (Possibly Many Subjects! ) A subject that you know like everybody by intuition! By experience! A subject about it you can give testimony. You can teach us about your way of doing commerce! How do you manage it with your children with your beloved husband, home, food, how do you leave, where you are, how are people there? Why don't you build a web site by yourself with a template and discuss about all these questions with your neighbourhood. And propose different vitrines of businesses of the area. I can tell you if I see a web site like that from a mother from Arizona, the day I 'll visit USA I'll come directly to see you! And to meet people from there, living in a desert!
                  Because the ancient way have failed! The system from 1930 is failed again! And the risk is so big to fail again! I don't know what Party City is, I 'll be happy if you can tell me. I know dollar shop. Is it similar?
                  You're in a good business; you're on line! Add more interesting things with local news and meeting, community help centers, churches, where we could sleep when visiting you village. If we can get accommodation in farms and local people! Add it to your web site! As you're a believer stay firm! Don't speak bad words again, no negative words look Proverbs 18: 20-21, 23-24 and be confident! Look at yourself to a mirror and say "I am a BusinessMan!" and see if you're confident! The day you become confident, you're in It! Replay if the message is important! Ask for phone numbers, it's sure! Thank you!
                  God Bless America!
                KARLAAMAYA Adventurer

HI Meylinb,

Let's keep in mind that a business does not start making huge profit the first year. It takes time and hard work. I think that maybe you should start analyzing how you are marketing your business. Maybe take a different approach, give out flyers, attend gatherings and comment about your business. To be honest, I promote my business when I go to church, when I go out with friends and so on. Please advise how you are promoting your business.

Karla

www.yourpracticaladmin.com
                1 of 1 people found this helpful
                    meylinb Wayfarer

Karla, let me asked you this how long did it actually took your business to really make any profit? is your business online or you have a store or office? I do try to promote my business online, by business cards, I put flyers on cars and I did a bridal show before from which I got nothing!
                    I do think sometimes do that is not appropriate to hand out flyers while you are with your kids mine are 3 and 5. what should I do?

Thanks again for your time
                        KARLAAMAYA Adventurer
                        Hi Meylinb,

I have a website www.yourpracticaladmin.com and work from home p/t since I just started my business. I work full time at another job but this is until I have enough clients to become full time at my business. As far as to how I promote my business, I too, have given out flyers and attend gatherings as much as possible and talk about my business. I secured three clients just by telling other people about my services in church. I try networks like facebook, twitter and so on, believe me they help, I promote my business there as well. I know it's hard when you have children, I have three myself, 4, 5 and 12 and they're actually the main reason why I decided to launch my business. So don't give up hope!!!!!

Karla

www.yourpracticaladmin.com
                      kiki55 Wayfarer
                      <!--if gte mso 9><xml>
                      </xml><!endif--><!--if gte mso 9><xml>
                      Normal
                      false
                      false
                      false
                      EN-US
                      X-NONE
                      X-NONE
                      </xml><!endif--><!--if gte mso 9><xml>
                      </xml><!endif-->
                      <!--if gte mso 10>
                      <style>
                      /* Style Definitions */
                      table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0cm; mso-para-margin-right:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0cm; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;}
                      </style>
                      <!endif-->
                      If you are looking to sell or buy a business. Check out www.Bizcloud.net for Free. You can post biz for sale, associate with a business, promote your business and view businesses for sale.No fees! They provide tons of tools, neighborhood, demographic data, and ratings so you can make an informed choice. If you are a broker why pay other sites to list a biz for sale when you can do it for free at Bizcloud? Read tips in buying and selling a business or participate in the business blog on the site.
                      www.Bizcloud.net

kiki55 Wayfarer
                        If you are looking to sell or buy a business. Check out www.Bizcloud.net for Free. You can post biz for sale, associate with a business, promote your business and view businesses for sale.No fees! They provide tons of tools, neighborhood, demographic data, and ratings so you can make an informed choice. If you are a broker why pay other sites to list a biz for sale when you can do it for free at Bizcloud? Read tips in buying and selling a business or participate in the business blog on the site.
                        www.Bizcloud.net
                          LUCKIEST Guide
                          Staring my own business, Welcome

If you give me more info, I will take out my crystal ball and see what it says you should do.

What kind of business?? Have you developed a business plan??

LUCKIEST
                              meylinb Wayfarer
                              The business I have is a party favor online, now I always had the vision on having my own store where people could go a see the merchandise, in the state that I live there is not a market on this, unless of course you go online. I will put it like this party city is the only place to go here for party favors or balloons, unless you go to the dollar store. I know for sure i could make money on this, besides is something that I see myself doing.
                                  Emile Yarder Adventurer
                                  You're starting a business it's a good time! Please take the time first to study. To help you understand. And then make a good choice. You should believe too. And learn again; more and more! And persist! Don't give up! You could change your product or service but stay in business. Till you 'll see change in you; your thinking, your manners, your way of consume, your life have changed...You'll know you're in a good business. You have a specific business, may be a niche, you're the best of your competitors. I started here and 2 years later, after changing products and services my business is becoming a successful one in my field! After 2 years, I understand more, I become confident, I find new Ideas every days and I earn more money! Read my topic What is the new economy and how to create wealth in it now! Thank you Madam! God Bless
                                CCS_INC Adventurer

Is this your dream? If so, then never give up on it. I think that its a great idea to want to start a business but you must be consistent with it. You will have ups and downs. Thats just the way it works. If you have a business plan I would love to take a look at it. If not, my company can assist you with preparing one. Dont worry we dont charge hundreds of dollars to build one for you. We also have a program that can help get you the money you need to expand your business. Sound interesting? Shoot me an email at CorporateCommercialServices@yahoo.com and let me see what I can do for you!
                                  CCS_INC Adventurer
                                  Emile,

Glad to know that your business is doing well. I do have one concern. Do not assume that the people in here who "leave email addresses" are out to take advantage of anyone. I am only here to help. So please dont make remarks about leaving email addresses. If you knew what I have to offer, I believe you would take advantage of it as well as the many people who already have. Have a blessed day! As I was saying if you need help with anything, business/ marketing plan, projected financials, or even funding email me at CorporateCommercialServices@yahoo.com