Post a new topic
    2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 10, 2009 6:07 PM by LUCKIEST

Clothing swap

antiques4me Wayfarer
      I was just watching nightly news and they had this segment on how organizations/people are hosting clothing swaps. Basically people bring in their old clothes and people swap - all for FREE! What a great idea, especially if you have growing kids. I don't think I've heard of one in my area, but what a good thing for a community to do.
        • Re: Clothing swap
          simon07 Wayfarer
          I've read about this in the news. Certainly nothing wrong with being "neighborly." Good to know that in tough times, people are coming out to help each other.
          • Re: Clothing swap
            LUCKIEST Guide

A clothing swap is a type of swapmeet wherein participants donate their unwanted clothing
            and then are given the opportunity to go through the clothes of
            everyone else in attendance and can take whatever they want. Clothing
            swaps are considered a good way to both declutter and refill one's wardrobe.

Many groups and organizations exist that throw large-scale clothing swaps to raise money and clothes for charitable donations.

Online clothes swapping has also become popular online, with
            websites offering a environmentally friendly and frugal alternative to
            shopping.

Clothes swapping originated in the United States in the late nineties