Post a new topic
    6 Replies Latest reply on Jun 8, 2009 11:31 AM by ggoodard

Need advice on start up

money_matters Newbie

Hey guys, I joined this site in hopes of getting ideas on how to get start up capital for my new business. What do you suggest?
        • Re: Need advice on start up
          BizSolutions Adventurer
          Hi

I may have some solutions for you. Email me at Monique@accuratefinancial.info
            LUCKIEST Guide
            Need advice on start up, Welcome

To get start up capital, we need to know more about you. Go to Members page and share some info.

You will also need a Business Plan. It is one of the first items an investor wants to see.

Good luck, LUCKIEST
              phanio Pioneer
              That is a very broad question. Most capital or loans are matched with the need. If yo need equipment - you look for an equipment loans. If you are seeking comemrcial real estate you look for a commercial real estate loan. Other types of capital are based on what you have as assets - mostly financial assets. If you need working capital for more inventory or to expand your operations - you could use accounts receivables or factor your credit card sales. If you need working capital to complete jobs that you already have in process - then look for purchase order financing.

If you are seeking just a small amount - there are peer-to-peer websites or micro-credit providers.

If you are seeking to purchase a business or need start up funds - you may either have to bootstrap - look for a SBA loan - or find an investor.

If you could be more specific about your needs and amounts - might be able to offer other suggestions.

Business Money Today
              www.BusinessMoneyToday.com
                Wayfarer
                A common issue that I see is the mix of personal credit and business credit. Most small business owners get eager and use their personal access for the wrong needs. I put together an article to help you understand the two, feel free to comment.

A true business credit card is a line of credit that is taken in the name of the business, under the business' credit. Activity, whether good or bad, is reflected on your business' credit report through D&B and other financial institutions, and the liability for any debts incurred and bills owed is with the business.However, some companies out there offer "business" credit cards which they require a person guarantee for. These institutions will often ask for a personal guarantee, and will almost always ask for a social security number from the person applying for the card. If this is the case, the credit card is not a business credit card, but is simply a personal credit card which is used for the business. The business is not liable for bills and debts - you are.When applying for a credit card for your business, watch out for areas asking for your SSN (and not your TaxID or EIN) and be wary of any credit card that asks for a personal guarantee. By ensuring that your credit card is in the name of your business, you can help to build your business' credit, while avoiding creating problems with your own.

Many companies offer a list of credit cards that are issued under the business name only. Those lists typically run $300-$900, depending on the quality of the information inquiring. I would suggest starting your search online via google or yahoo. Search for "strong business credit" (just like that in quotes) to find services that sell the information.

Good luck,

Ilya Bodner

Small Business Owner

Initial Underwriting Group
                  ggoodard Adventurer
                  Please email me ggoodard@aol.com