Post a new topic
    6 Replies Latest reply on Jun 18, 2009 4:12 PM by InsideUp

More Advertising

TuneTransfers Newbie
      I started a media conversion company in 2006 where we convert analog audio and video media to high quality, high fidelity CDs and DVDs. We convert vinyl records, cassette tapes, 35 mm slides, 8mm film, VHS, VCR tapes, Hi8, 8mm, Video8, miniDV and more. We also convert CDs and DVDs to different file formats for use on an external hard drive to edit or even put on an mp3 player. When I get orders, the customers often return, and I get enough business. But it seems as if my advertising isn't working. I'm putting up craigslist ads, getting my name out with different websites, but what else could I do for little money?
        • Re: More Advertising
          LUCKIEST Guide
          More Advertising, Welcome Tommy

It sounds like you need a marketing plan. Do you know about SCORE?? SCORE is FREE both in person and online. SCORE also has a FREE Virtual Learning Center with 26 FREE online courses including Marketing.

Good luck, LUCKIEST
            Iwrite Pioneer
            Luckiest is right, you do need a marketing plan.

Your advertising may be working but the message may not be. What are you saying to people that they want and need to hear? Also, look at direct mail. It is more than interactive but it can help bring in customers.
              HI TuneTransfers,

It sounds like you have a good product, you just need to present the right message to your audience.
              1. Where do you get your most profitable customers? Local, online, ...?
              2. Find out more about them. Are they mostly Male Baby Boomers, Mothers, ...?
              3. Find out why they came to you. Not because they wanted their media converted, but did they want to save time, restore a cherished memory, backup critical data? Find out what benefit they sought after the most.

Finding out this information can help you create a message that you want to portray to potential customers. Something similar to:
              Recreate your family memories, in hi-definition.
              Don't forget, customers buy benefits, not features.

Once you craft your message, test various methods to get it out there. How you answer #1 will help determine that. If it's local, try direct mail. Test out a few options & make sure you track which works best.

If you have any other questions, please ask. If you don't want to spend the time making a creative message, let our <a href=''>freelance advertising design community</a> give it a shot. You pick the price & it's risk free. Let me know, I'd love to give you an introductory special.

CrdBrd Newbie
                Try posting your business card on A free online business card bulletin board.

wayonda Wayfarer
                  You could try some video advertising on
                    InsideUp Newbie
                    There are multiple methods of advertising online, some that are free and some that cost a bit of money. Have you thought about utilizing business directories, social networking sites and social bookmarking sites? Search for free business directories and put your website on there. Try to become active on some social networking sites such as creating a facebook page, Twitter is also big on the scene. Submitting some articles about your services on some free press release sites, as well as social bookmarking sites such as digg, stumbleupon, and mixx wouldnt hurt either. All of the options I just labeled are not only free, but helps create backlinks to your site to help boost your organic ranking. Hope this helps!