Post a new topic
    7 Replies Latest reply on Jun 4, 2009 9:02 PM by MarketingVA

Professional Opinions needed for website

MarketingVA Newbie

Hello Everyone!

I would greatly appreciate your professional opinion about my website; design and content.

Specifically:
      1. What does my website say to you?
      2. Can you tell who my target market is?
      3. Does my homepage 'sell' you? In other words, would my content make you want to contact me for more information?

I just need some expert opinions :)

Thank you!
      www.buckeyeva.com

• Re: Professional Opinions needed for website
          NatOnline Tracker
          Hello Shephanie,

This is a great site. Your site says exactly what your potential customers need to read.
          Your main target is e-commerce owners and I can tell you that your background come from marketing ;-)

I would like to see more about SEO, and not only testimonials but samples of your work.

What can you offer me? I am interested by people blogging about our business and our products.

Thank you
          Jean-Luc
          www.natural-elements-online.com
            Marketing1 Wayfarer
            Hi Stephanie,

Your site looks good and does communicate what you do.

One of the things I periodically struggle with is making time for my business instead of working 24/7 for my clients. It's a question of "the shoemakers children going barefoot" and I think that is what is happening on your site.

You talk about SEO but I notice your site could use some work in this area. There are also some display issues in the nav. in the left column.

I'm surprised that you say your clients don't want to provide testimonials for your work. Their tesimonial does not have to state exactly what you do for them...just that you help with X or Y and this is the result that working with you achieved. Testimonials are so important in establishing credibility that I think it's worth spending the time to come up with a strategy for getting them without jeopardizing your client relationships and infringing on their privacy.

Good luck,
            Nancy
                MarketingVA Newbie
                Hi Nancy,

This was never said in any of my posts:

Your quote: "I'm surprised that you say your clients don't want to provide \\ testimonials for your work. Their tesimonial does not have to state \\ exactly what you do for them...just that you help with X or Y and this \\ is the result that working with you achieved. Testimonials are so \\ important in establishing credibility that I think it's worth spending \\ the time to come up with a strategy for getting them without \\ jeopardizing your client relationships and infringing on their privacy."
                As you can see I do have testimonials on my website. The post from another reader here made mention of having a portfolio or examples of my work on my website which does not fit with my services. I do not offer design work.
                I am well versed in SEO, which isn't what my question was about when I posted on this forum. I just needed to make sure my homepage was well organized and spoke to my target market.

Thanks, Steph
                Marketing1 Wayfarer
                Hi Steph,
                Just proves you (me) shouldn't try to respond to questions when there isn't enough time to focus. Sorry about that ...didn't intend to be off topic re your original question. Yes, I think your site does a good job of stating whatyou do and is well organized.

Nancy