Post a new topic
    12 Replies Latest reply on Feb 13, 2010 11:10 AM by travelman

charter and bus line co.

travelman Wayfarer
      is it possible to find funding to startup a bus co that connects outline communitys to large cityshere in nw florida,that ofters excess to cruise ships and airports, is this part of president obama plan to have bus transportation to play a part in the recovery .i've got 35 yrs in this field as driver i think time to take the next step,and maybe work for myself . travelman
        • Re: charter and bus line co.
          phanio Pioneer
          Not sure how much funding you will need. But, there are ways to get financing. If you need to purchase a bus or two - try a non-bank equipment lender (these companies love transportation businesses). We list several on our website that can help you - see our equipment tab on the top of the home page.

You probably will also need some working capital. These equipment lender can provide small amounts of working capital on top of the equipment loan or there are several non-bank financing companies that can get you start up funds. Again, our website list many resources that can help you.

Business Money Today
          www.BusinessMoneyToday.com
          1 of 1 people found this helpful
            LUCKIEST Guide
            charter and bus line co., Welcome

YES it is possible to find funding. You need to start with a Business and Marketing Plan.

Good luck, LUCKIEST
              RanksIntl Adventurer
              Hello travelman!

Funding is always available to businesses as long as there is a market for the business that you are looking to start. Have you done any research to determine the market for the venture that you are trying to start? It seems like a viable idea but you need to make sure that it is something that you will be able to get a return on. The government plan for recover as far as the small business sector goes is geared more toward small businesses that are already established as far as encouraging loans to keep these failing businesses afloat. As far as on the bus transportation front, that is more geared toward government funded public transportation and less toward the private sector.

I think it is a great idea that you finally want to take that next step and there is definitely funding out there for you that just needs a little research. For anyone that you are looking to approach you will need a well thought out business plan including market research. (If you have any questions about how to go about starting a business plan or doing market research I' be happy to help). You have different options for lending starting with banking institutions and commercial lending as mentioned above. Then you have the government through SBA who many times unless you are starting a non profit or doing something that requires a substantial amount of research and development will tell you to use them as a final resort.

Hope this helps! If you need any help or have any other questions that you think I may be able to assist you with you can email me at renee.rankine@ranksintl.com.