Post a new topic
    9 Replies Latest reply on May 30, 2009 3:44 PM by LUCKIEST

Getting funded to start a new business

GratefulNbles Newbie
      I will like to get a business loan or grant to start off my business. Will it be possible to receive anything at all if nothing is yet established under my business name?
        • Re: Getting funded to start a new business
          globalmpr Wayfarer
          First and foremost, anything is possible but to better your chances of obtaining finance, I would establish a foundation first. First you want to start by creating a business plan. Then, register your business with your states, State of Coporation Commission. You can find out more information on starting your business by visiting your states small business website by googling it. Also you can come join the Money Forum at http://boutmoney.com/moneyforum to join in on the latest small business discussions. Good luck!

Patrick F.
            LUCKIEST Guide
            Getting funded to start a new business, Welcome

YES as the previous post said, anything is possible.

Two suggestions. ONE: Develop a Business Plan

TWO: Contact SCORE. SCORE is FREE and they can help you with the plan.

Do you have a business name yet?? LUCKIEST
            1 of 1 people found this helpful
              phanio Pioneer
              If nothing is established under your business name - they will just consider you as the business. Look up sole proprietorship. Also, many times a single member LLC or a single shareholder corp will be treated as the business - thus you don't need anything established.

Keep this in mind - all lenders will look at you - not your business when extending credit - they will pull your personal credit history and look at your total income (business and personal).

Our website outlines many options for new business financing - we provide information and resources.

Business Money Today
              www.BusinessMoneyToday.com
                globalmpr Wayfarer
                The link to SCORE is http://www.score.org. From my experience with using SCORE, they were not that helpful. Maybe it was just me but the people that attempted to help me were too arrogant and sarcastic. I thought SCORE was there to help and guide you in the right direction but the volunteers seemed too old and selfish to answer your question, they would just beat around the bush when they know they could make things easier.

For example, I once asked someone if they new where I could find sites that offered assistance in import/export leads, he only said that I was not good enough to compete with the competition and that I did not stand a chance unless I had a niche product that I had already locked on for export. I also asked numerous other people other business related questions and they were also on the same page.

Maybe that was just my experience though, good luck with yours. My suggestion would be, you are better of googling your questions and disecting the good findings from the bad. SCORE did make me try harder because failure is not an option for me.

Patrick F.
                    LUCKIEST Guide
                    Getting funded

Patrick, I am not going to try and defend SCORE or your experience with them.
                    • I will offer another suggestion. SCORE online. You can go to SCORE online and pick the SCORE Counselor YOU WANT and ask the counselor questions and they will answer you within 48 hours. You also get to see the bio and backgrounds of the counselor by field of experience.*

Just another option, LUCKIEST