Post a new topic
    4 Replies Latest reply on May 31, 2009 1:46 PM by Unique_Genius

Clothing Store Start Up

Bi6Dreamz2009 Newbie
      Hello, im new here, and I would like to start a clothing store. I'm located in Spartanburg, SC, and in need of advice with how to go about starting, and running my own store. I would like to sell urban clothing appealing to the age group within 15 to 35. I would also like to sell a selection of music such as, Hip-Hop, Pop, and R&B. If anyone has any advice, im willing to learn. Thanks.
        • Re: Clothing Store Start Up
          RanksIntl Adventurer
          Hello!

A clothing store sounds like a great idea! How far along are you in your business planning or is it just an idea so far? If it is still just an idea the first thing that you are going to need to do is start to develop a business plan and do some preliminary market research. Both of these things are going to help you determine your needs going forward as well as you key demographic.

You are going to need to determine what type of store you are looking to open. You have various options in brick and mortar, online or both. This will help you determine your financial needs and whether or not you will need outside investment.

The first thing to do is put together a viable business plan and the rest will flow from there.

I specialize in small business start up and expansion so if you have questions I can help.
          1 of 1 people found this helpful
              Bi6Dreamz2009 Newbie
              Thanks RanksIntl, I really appreciate your help, and advice. I wanted to know could you give me some advice on how to write a business plan im really new to this, and this was just a business idea. Thanks!
                  RanksIntl Adventurer

No problem!

The first thing that you need to know about a business plan is that is an ever evolving part of your business and you are going to want to do the basis right because it will be the foundation for your business as well as a starting point if you want to find any sort of financing.

The parts of a business plan are as follows:

1. Executive Summary
                  2. Company Description
                  3. Products and Services
                  4. Market Analysis
                  5. Sales Strategy and Implementation
                  6. Web Plan Summary
                  7. Management Team Summary
                  8. Financial Analysis

Tables and Charts

1. Sales Forecast
                  2. Profit/ Loss Statements
                  3. Personnel Listings
                  4. Projected Balance Sheets
                  5. Projected Business Ratios
                  6. Market Analysis Tables

Obviously you aren't going to have all of the details for all of these sections at once (certain sections may not apply to your business) and you don't need to start writing it in any particular order. When you do write it though you are going to have to elaborate on every part becuase it will be a huge part of obtaining investment if necessary.

It may seem like a lot to take in but it is something you will figure out either on your own or with some outside assistance. If you do need some assistance other than the basics I specialize in doing all of the back work of starting your business so that you don't have to. When you're ready I also research the best types of investment for your company and how to obtain them. Let me know if you need anything else!
                Unique_Genius Wayfarer
                The plan would be helpful. Thanks for the info post. I'm still in the idea stage myself, I want to start my own clothing line. Good luck to all!