Post a new topic
    0 Replies Latest reply on May 26, 2009 6:45 PM by themagicbox

non for profit childcare for children with special needs

themagicbox Wayfarer
      My name is Alicia and I am in St. Louis MO.

I am seeking advice, assistance and any information that will be helpful in assisting me with starting a non for profit childcare center designed for children with special needs. In Missouri, there are so many child care centers and daycares that are not geared for children with impairments and physical limitations. I am not a mother of such a child but it is my mission to make a difference. I was once told if I see a need, to fill it.

I am in the beginning stages of requesting grants from my state. If there is anyone who could help me with a business plan or point me in the right direction that would be great.

I am hoping to open a center in the low income community and help parents needing a loving and theraputic environment for their child/children.
      I want the center to be surrounded with educational equipement specifically for the children in my care. I am seeking wheelchairs, play equipement, brail instruments and books, equipment for the hearing impaired such as toy telephones and library books with brail.

I love children so much and feel I am hear to help serve them. If you have any information or would like to help in any way, please email me as I am in need.
      themagicboxstl@yahoo.com
      314-324-1174
      Lets make a difference.