Post a new topic
    2 Replies Latest reply on May 26, 2009 9:19 AM by Ascension

Start up Non-Profit-Need Help

Ascension Newbie

My name is Tiffany Duffy and I am the founder and president for Ascension Outreach Org, Inc. This is a newly formed organization. This organization was formed for the purpose of preventing and stopping domestic violence, as well as outreaching to troubled youth. I have been having some problems getting the funds/capital I need to get the outreach center running. I am in the process of being 501c3 Tax exempt.

I decided to put on a Non-Profit Event at the end of this summer. It will be a Family Day & Back to School Event. My goal is to have vendors there be prizes, food, drinks, and a free concert for the public. We will also be giving away school supplies or school clothes. If anyone could give me information on raising funds, and getting investors, companies, or individualizes to sponsor the event and team up with us. I am looking for any assistance possible. I can be reached at tduffy@ascensionnonprofit.org
        • Re: Start up Non-Profit-Need Help
          LUCKIEST Guide
          Start up Non-Profit-Need Help, Welcome Tiffany

I would like to help you succeed from a distance. I live in New York, a SCORE Counselor and also Treasurer of a local Independent Living Center.

Two suggestions to start. One: Develop a Business Plan. Two: Get your local newspaper to run stories about what you are doing, focusing on the event with additional info about your organization (great FREE publicity).

More to follow. Good luck, LUCKIEST