Post a new topic
    2 Replies Latest reply on May 25, 2009 6:46 PM by PatrickMc

Bringing value back to the people

PatrickMc Newbie
      Hi there my name is Patrick McGreal, I live in Westmeath, Ireland. I opperate a small delivery service offering fruit and veg to people around the Mullingar area. At present i send out brouchers in the local areas, take orders by fone until 3pm and deliver between 4 and 6pm that day I do this from my car, i buy from a whole seller based in Mullingar and sell at a 20% margin. I save people on avarage 30% on there fruit and veg spend compared to supermarkets like Tesco, Dunnes, Supervalue, Aldi and lidi. Im looking for an investment of $6000 to buy a refridgerated van, insure and tax it. With this van i can stock more, sell as iam cold calling, expanding my customer base throughout the day. I will give you 25% share in my company. I work six days a week monday to friday 8am to 6pm. In the first year i will pay you back your $6000 plus $1500 I work on comission only, at present i sell 500euro of food each week but with the van i will sell at least 2000 euro for sure. working on my 20% margin my profit will be 500 euro, my overheads will cost 100 euro 70 for gas 30 for van maintance kitty, leaving 400, 300 for me 100 for you. My long term plan is to buy direct from supplier in dublin giving me a bigger margin. if you have any questions please call me on 00353851398923. Thanks Pat McGreal
        • Re: Bringing value back to the people
          LUCKIEST Guide
          Bringing value back to the people, Welcome Patrick

Question. Have you developed a business and marketing Plan that I can read??

Good luck and thanks, LUCKIEST
            • Re: Bringing value back to the people
              PatrickMc Newbie

Hello luckiest my business plan is pretty straight forward, I get my van, insure & tax it, buy my fruit & veg from the whole seller & add on 25% for myself, i done some market research & found that i can provide fruit & veg with my 25% margin up to 40% cheaper than the big supermarkets out there & 20% cheaper to the deadicated fruit & veg shops. my only overheads are the van. also the quality of the produce is far better, supermarkets tend to pile special offers in bags or boxs so when the customer gets home they find one or two apples for example brused or a rotten carrot at the same time luckiest i want to bring back that old time value long gone when the customer recosnizes that buying from me they feel apreacted, ive often felt that people maning the checkout in big shops pass the vide that they are doing you a favour by being there. my marketing i will do myself i dont belive in leaflet dropping or paper adds its a slower approsh but a wort while one face to face, door knocking getting people out of there homes showing them what i do, geting then to smell, taste and buy the food & they will buy the food because everyboby loves good food the only thing i have to break in them is there habbit in shopping in big shops, along with the fruit & veg i do a small line in meat, fish, bread, milk, butter, jams, the margin ive set on these products is around 2% as they are only there to assist in the sale of my primary produce, i buy these products from local butchers, fishmongers, milkmen & bakers all of whome are happy to do business with me as big shop press hard on these folk giving them very very small marging to work with. so thats pretty much it luckiest plane & simple im not going to get rich doing this but what i will get is a loyal customer base that hopefully one day i can pass on to someone else & that in its self is worth its wight in gold.