Post a new topic
    4 Replies Latest reply on May 27, 2009 2:26 PM by DeanMalibu

still need to find an investor....any suggestions???

DeanMalibu Adventurer
      I was driving through a small town
      maybe 45 to 50k people. It was a Friday night and I look over and see
      a Blockbuster Video...with only 2 cars in the parking lot. Across the
      street a mom & pop video store was packed to the gills. How is
      this even possible??? I walked in and the answer was simple. Mom
      & pop also had pizza, not a great pizza, but it was good. So I
      thought what business could I go after and compete with on a level
      never before attempted?? Gamestop's biz model is very flawed and has
      never changed since it was Babbages. So I decided to take on the big
      boys and take advantage of their mistakes, their weakness's making
      their customers mine. This is after 4 and a half years of research,
      the answers were very very simple.

Many thanks
      "Not Just Games!"
      http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=ddh6cph3_4dw9s98g2
        • Re: still need to find an investor....any suggestions???
          ggoodard Adventurer
          I would like to open a dialogue with you. Please send an email to ggoodard@aol.com
            phanio Pioneer
            What is it you are seeking? How much capital? If you want an investor - get out into your community and network - find people that know your market that you can meet face-to-face.

If a loan - how much? Are you going to purchase a building or lease it? What about equipment? Do you have agreement with movie distribution companies?

Business Money Today
            www.BusinessMoneyToday.com
            1 of 1 people found this helpful
                DeanMalibu Adventurer
                I am seeking 167K. This would be paid in full at the end of 5-6 years plus interest. Wiling to negotiate percentage of profits as well. Everybody in my particular market are competition, Play-N-Trade, Gamestop and your mom n pop operations. I actually tried getting a meeting about my proposal with Gamestop...since my model is a more well rounded. I was ignored, and my Uncle knows the flippin owners.

I am leasing the building, this money would purchase games & equipment, movies....I have already made arrangements with Waxworks for all the games, movies, & such. All food will be purchased from Sysco...I used to work for them.

Money is for intial purchase of enough of these items for the first 3 months, as well employee salarys, lease on delivery vehicle, license & legal, and all renovation & construction cost....any more questions???
                  DeanMalibu Adventurer
                  Oh almost forgot, I want a 5k cap on all investor legal & due diligence fees, as I will put an $800 cap on all my legal fees. I have access to use any backround ckecks thru T.A.A. for $50 dollars so my own due dilgence will be on me. As usual these caps will be added to the 167K I wish to borrow, which I will be responsible for paying back plus interest.