Post a new topic
    2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 25, 2007 3:59 PM by Ed O'Gee

Business broker - Focus on specific industries

ElCollector Newbie
      My father owns a business broker company that has become very successful and we want to start a similar practice in the SouthEast, specifically Charlotte. If he was to do it "all over again", he recommends we focus on a particular industry that is both growing in market size/share and presents consolidation (buying and selling) opportunity. Does anyone have any ideas such as franchisees, tax services, etc. that would fit this category for potential due diligence or sites to visit for suggestions? Thanks
        • Re: Business broker - Focus on specific industries
          LUCKIEST Guide
          Business broker, I think there are many industries that fit your category.
          There are advantages to stay with the industry or industries that you are familar with.
          Did your father have a BUSINESS AND MARKETING PLAN when he started.
          Pick an industry, develop a plan, run the numbers with an (your) accountant. Keep us in the loop.
          Good luck, LUCKIEST
          • Re: Business broker - Focus on specific industries
            Ed O'Gee Adventurer

Charlotte is a growing market, with more people flocking their it means more services from restaurants, to car maintainance to just about everything you can think of. I think you are on the right path with franchises. I have a friend who owns a Quizno's sandwhich shop and he had to get his payroll through ADP and security services through Brinks because of corporate contracts.

You may want to see how you can get in with some major franchises.